Big hitters of 50s and 60s

ukdobby

dontbugme sorry can`t remember the name

hiya, i remember a tale my dad would tell about a bloke that he knew whose face had seen better days and he was thought to be an ex boxer his nose was really flat, anyway he'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time he was a slinger in the steelworks and didn't see the hook and chain swinging towards him and it hit him flush in his face,

Edited by willybite

I know or knew every one of the people named above and Never found any of them bullies.

Ray morgan 5 feet and 4 inches, we call him "the rock ape" now living at shortferry.

Mick Cowan was a gentleman.

Albert Green a hard working man.

Little jackie hudson loves boxing and sport.

Ronnie Calvert and Billy nice people.

Dennis Hobson still a good friend and good company.

Mick Critch died in the early hours of december the 10th, people were intimidated by his size which he would always find amusing, he was at one time Ray Morgans brother in law. Most stories about these people are just rumours or hearsay.

I am suprised you haven't mentioned Bill Lane on your list, he was one of the hardest men this city has ever known.

my old man is Ronnie Calvert and he asked me to try and find out if Dennis Hobson is OK.He would like to get in touch but don't know how.

my old man is Ronnie Calvert and he asked me to try and find out if Dennis Hobson is OK.He would like to get in touch but don't know how.

I can put you in touch with Dennis he is fit and well and still likes a bet on the gee gee's, how's Ronnie I hope he is doing ok?.

EDIT.......

I have just spoken to Dennis he wasn't happy I got him out of bed.:hihi::hihi:..

Anyway he says it is ok to give you his phone number so PM me and I will pass it on.

Edited by alex3659

I can put you in touch with Dennis he is fit and well and still likes a bet on the gee gee's, how's Ronnie I hope he is doing ok?.

EDIT.......

I have just spoken to Dennis he wasn't happy I got him out of bed.:hihi::hihi:..

Anyway he says it is ok to give you his phone number so PM me and I will pass it on.

sorry to sound ignorrant but don't know what PM means (i'm new at this)

EDIT.......

sussed it out i have PM'ed you.

Ray Wilson rings a bell,did he ever live on the Gleadless Valley

So your family is Gregory from Gleadless Valley?

I only remember two, one family from Ironside area (their lad went to Rowlinson I think) and one family up near Mawfa/Constable/Landseer (their lad went to Gleadless Valley I think)

So you would be (or could be) K or G?