Big hitters of 50s and 60s

ukdobby

some of these big hitters may have been wife beaters or police informers who knows they kept their private life private so as they say what goes on behind closed doors stays behind closed doors and within the four walls they do it in my personal opinion in meeting all the above named people that i have met through out my lifetime i would say they are the most polite and well mannered gentleman i have ever had the pleasure of meeting thanks to my dad

Well mannered wife beaters.Thats OK then.:loopy:

they wasn't all wife beaters so why tie them all with the same brush that's like saying if one person is a thief then they're all family are thieves ( a well know quote is DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER )

Im sure many of them were very good to their wives and indeed only mentioned that one was.

A suprisingly high number are homosexual. (Kray clones) so they wouldnt fit into the wife beater category in the first place although they may be absolutely BRUTAL with their boyfriends.

they wasn't all wife beaters so why tie them all with the same brush that's like saying if one person is a thief then they're all family are thieves ( a well know quote is DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER )

so why tie them all with the same brush.

An interesting idea !

One of these heroes mentioned earlier on in this thread stabbed a barmaid through her hand pinioning her to the bar top.

Another was a well known wife beater. At least two of them were Paid Police informers.

Get real.

care to shed some light on who these were ?:hihi:

No I just find it a bit sad that of all the achievements and progress people can make from humble beginnings some of us get a buzz by droning on about a bunch of psychotic losers whose only way to express themselves is by hitting someone.
hmm boxing comes to mind here and how many from humble beginnings have made it good?

• 3 weeks later...
I know or knew every one of the people named above and Never found any of them bullies.

Ray morgan 5 feet and 4 inches, we call him "the rock ape" now living at shortferry.

Mick Cowan was a gentleman.

Albert Green a hard working man.

Little jackie hudson loves boxing and sport.

Ronnie Calvert and Billy nice people.

Dennis Hobson still a good friend and good company.

Mick Critch died in the early hours of december the 10th, people were intimidated by his size which he would always find amusing, he was at one time Ray Morgans brother in law. Most stories about these people are just rumours or hearsay.

I am suprised you haven't mentioned Bill Lane on your list, he was one of the hardest men this city has ever known.

hiya

i saw jack hudson today in asda around 12.30, he still looks the same to me as i suppose he's nearly 80 i'm 74 myself and suppose i've known him nearly 70 years we were brought up on the same street his mum had a little shop.we went to the same school springfield.