Big hitters of 50s and 60s

ukdobby

Dave was a nice enough lad, I always got on with him, I fear that like Lol booze got to him. If memory serves me right Dave predeceased Lol.

I saw Dave box Mick Mills at the Top Rank when they were amatuers, what a battle.

I have heard of many of the men mentioned but never met them cos of my age

One man i used to hear of a lot was Lol Knight , i saw his son a few times when i was younger , Dave , i think he was called .

Mick Mills now there's a name I well remember :) - a really top chap (you would never have imagined him as a boxer - no offence meant Mick :hihi:) worked with him on a Henry Boot Construction site in 80's at British Steel

Owd Micks still knocking the bags about at Tommy Wilsons 50+ and still a handfull:hihi:

yep billy is my uncle aswell im pete's son

couldnt remember petes name, they used to live opposite birley spa school. knew billy more from school although we was in different years, they used to go in the gorse at back of the school with their air rifles, lost count of how many times i got ambushed whilst walking through there lol. met bernard some years later when i gave him a lift in my lorry then kept seeing him in fretchville pub. he had a reputation but was always a great bloke with me and used to have a laugh at some of the stories he used to tell me. i used to live on birley spa lane just up from plover. john