Big hitters of 50s and 60s

ukdobby

You bet it's little old me Bob the Don King of PX got some great lads at the gym with three of them boxing for the new Yorkshire Belt this week a bit like the Lonsdale belt if you can win it and defend it three times it's your's

Lt weight Joe Rodgers : Lt Midweight Callum Cotton :

Mid weight Adam Gleeson all good kids

You bet it's little old me Bob the Don King of PX got some great lads at the gym with three of them boxing for the new Yorkshire Belt this week a bit like the Lonsdale belt if you can win it and defend it three times it's your's

Lt weight Joe Rodgers : Lt Midweight Callum Cotton :

Mid weight Adam Gleeson all good kids

eyup bob, i heard there was a boxing night on at colley club this week, joe rogers coming on a treat, do you think he'll get far in boxing or just do it as a committed hobby

We'll just have to waite and see Joe is a good lad and so far done every thing we've asked he'll be in the senior ABA's next month and if he does well and commits his self who knows ???? watch this space
lets hope so, the last time i spoke to him, which was a while back, i think he'd been put in the england amateurs. if he did get the call up how did he get on?

I know or knew every one of the people named above and Never found any of them bullies.

Ray morgan 5 feet and 4 inches, we call him "the rock ape" now living at shortferry.

Mick Cowan was a gentleman.

Albert Green a hard working man.

Little jackie hudson loves boxing and sport.

Ronnie Calvert and Billy nice people.

Dennis Hobson still a good friend and good company.

Mick Critch died in the early hours of december the 10th, people were intimidated by his size which he would always find amusing, he was at one time Ray Morgans brother in law. Most stories about these people are just rumours or hearsay.

I am suprised you haven't mentioned Bill Lane on your list, he was one of the hardest men this city has ever known.

Hi I am Ray Morgan's nephew....last saw him at my fathers funeral....he said my father taught him how to fight as he was a scrawny kid and always being bullied at school. For some reason nobody tended to bother me around town in the sixties...I didn't know Uncle Raymond was so feared!! Mick Critch was frightened to death of Raymond!!

Raymond told me that pound for pound hardest puncher in Sheffield was Ronnie Crookes....still bump in to his son ocassionally!!