Walter Fox & Partners

gracie

I'm almost certain they were taken over by Brown Brothers, everything moved to Fitzwalter Road. You knew Foxes had opened branches in Chesterfield, Mansfield and Rotherham? Don't know what led to them being taken over. Do you remember Dave Rodgers ? Wonder what he's up to these days ?

Edited by kevvy
txt

PAINTSHOP. Frankie damms Eric Bonnet, Ozzie Snoosall, big Ben ? young Kev? Jim Screaton.WELDINGSHOP. Less Cowley, Stuart Armitage, Alan [castro] Cook, Charlie Merton, Joe Martin,Pete Horsefield, Jack Fisher, Frank Palmer,who smoked Capstan fullstrength,cough cough. a couple more body men ,I remember Albert Hogg and john Holmes, who loved chuck and dave berry.TRIMSHOP. Lol Richardson,Alan Young,and my old mucker spud Brian Wood. OFFICEGIRLS. Joan basset or barret ,who later married mi

owd pal Barry Davit, Jaqueline taylor, Sharon? sussan?

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:39 ----------

I was told a while back that the compound ,was going to be a Chinese restrant or something.

Dave rodgers passed away a few years ago now , was only 49 kev.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 17:43 ----------

thought that building was knocked down, talbot's butchers had a freezer centre built there !

Does anybody remember a Lagonda LG6 registration number HPA 27 that used to belong to Walter Fox and latterly Richard Fox? I understand that it was converted from a saloon to a drophead in the 1960's at the works. I now own this vehicle and would love to hear from anyone who remembers the car and even worked on it and hopefully might have some photographs while the car was there.