Cut inheritance tax, I'll pay more tax so some kids can get a free house

Do you mean the party who were thrown out at the election? Another party of high tax and benefits as just been proved in the house of time servers.

The increased personal tax allowance was a manifesto pledge of the lib dems and it only happened because that was the price of them forming a coalition.

If you're let your personal political prejudices blind you to reality then I can't help that.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 21:06 ----------

Exactly the same number as with the threshold at £325k, but without catching any working or lower middle-class families.

How many working and lower MC families will pay the difference in the form of increases in other taxation.

I'll help you out with this one. It's all of them. :suspect:

The increased personal tax allowance was a manifesto pledge of the lib dems and it only happened because that was the price of them forming a coalition.

If you're let your personal political prejudices blind you to reality then I can't help that.

How many working and lower MC families will pay the difference in the form of increases in other taxation.

Given that the top 10% wealthiest people pay over 55% of income tax contributions, and that even at the current low threshold inheritance tax raises a sum equivalent to just 0.18% of GDP, I'm not so sure anyone will notice.

My personal political views are based on what I can see happened.

As a matter of fact I voted labour until Gordon Brown became PM and started throwing money around with no regard to the consequences. Then when I retired and didn't spend all day working I became aware of the work shy and breeding for benefits brigade near where we live, and was amazed at the arrogance of some "we're entitled to benefits" with no sense of responsibility at all.

And I know it's only an anecdote, we are normally out in the morning but today we had to stay at home, put the box on, the Jeremy Kyle show, incidentally I recommend watching as it will make you feel better about yourself and family.

A fat unemployed couple living in poverty combined weight about forty stone, she was only bothered he was too fat to make her pregnant. He was depressed because he was fat, so ate when he was depressed, then got fat, then got depressed, then ate then...................... Sorry I couldn't stop then. But you get the picture.

No wonder the food banks are struggling if all the clients are like them.

Then Jeremy and his creepy sidekick started sympathising with them Instead of telling them to get off their fat backsides and move round a bit, don't mention working or he'll get depressed again.

And you want strivers to leave money they've worked for to people like that instead of their kids. Well I for one will never vote for that.

It's not a one or the other where "some, but only one" group of people must be identified as being in the wrong.

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 08:24 ----------

My personal political views are based on what I can see happened.

As a matter of fact I voted labour until Gordon Brown became PM and started throwing money around with no regard to the consequences. Then when I retired and didn't spend all day working I became aware of the work shy and breeding for benefits brigade near where we live, and was amazed at the arrogance of some "we're entitled to benefits" with no sense of responsibility at all.

And I know it's only an anecdote, we are normally out in the morning but today we had to stay at home, put the box on, the Jeremy Kyle show, incidentally I recommend watching as it will make you feel better about yourself and family.

A fat unemployed couple living in poverty combined weight about forty stone, she was only bothered he was too fat to make her pregnant. He was depressed because he was fat, so ate when he was depressed, then got fat, then got depressed, then ate then...................... Sorry I couldn't stop then. But you get the picture.

No wonder the food banks are struggling if all the clients are like them.

Then Jeremy and his creepy sidekick started sympathising with them Instead of telling them to get off their fat backsides and move round a bit, don't mention working or he'll get depressed again.

And you want strivers to leave money they've worked for to people like that instead of their kids. Well I for one will never vote for that.

I'm unsure how any of that relates to a) the conservatives raising the IHT to benefit the rich, or b) the lib dems having increased the personal tax allowance to benefit the poor.

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 08:26 ----------

Given that the top 10% wealthiest people pay over 55% of income tax contributions, and that even at the current low threshold inheritance tax raises a sum equivalent to just 0.18% of GDP, I'm not so sure anyone will notice.

Those figures (whilst correct or thereabouts) are irrelevant.

Any increase in income tax hits those who have little money the hardest.

A massive increase (and don't say that from 0.35m to 1m isn't massive, it's nearly a 200% increase) in IHT only benefits the well off.

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 08:27 ----------

And the tories will continue what they voted for in coalition, by keeping it in place and indeed plan to raise it to 12500£.

Low tax low spend - it's the future.

No doubt this will happen 6 months before the next election, unlike the swinging cuts that are hurting people now.

No doubt this will happen 6 months before the next election, unlike the swinging cuts that are hurting people now.

Perhaps if the Brown government hadn't left such a hole in the finances the tax thresholds could be raised and there would be no need to cut anything.

Don't get me wrong, labour were a financial disaster for the country.

And now the conservatives are milking that for all they can by punishing the poor and doing their best to reward the rich.

By providing 1.5 million new jobs. If only British workers would apply for them there would be no need for 75% of them to go to migrants. Perhaps the British jobless feel they are better off not working, which is pretty much what the welfare reform is all about.