Cut inheritance tax, I'll pay more tax so some kids can get a free house

People swallow Tory Spin - tick.

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 21:49 ----------

From what you've said, you're one of the group that are going to lose out.

Did you feel like you were getting a free lunch that someone else paid for?

If I lose out so be it, and where was I getting a free lunch. Fifty years working

(You should try it, if you've got time) and still paying tax, never had housing benefit, tax credits etc, but never mind , I don't suppose you'll be paying for anyone's lunch.

People swallow Tory Spin - tick.

Folk vote in general election and vote in tory government.. tick

you don't like it.. tick

I will leave my kids my money and you won't get any of it ..tick

Tough luck ..tick

Edited by exxon

Was I ever in line to get some of your money, are you an unknown distant relative, I really hope not.

Yes, people voted, well, a low proportion.

A lot of these people believe the tory lies, they're sorry now, but it's too late.

I do not like what the tories are doing, I think that was obvious.

This is a discussion forum, you understood that right? Just making statements isn't a discussion.

It's not touch luck for me, tory policies are broadly in my favour, they aren't however good for the country.

---------- Post added 30-10-2015 at 08:21 ----------

If I lose out so be it, and where was I getting a free lunch. Fifty years working

(You should try it, if you've got time) and still paying tax, never had housing benefit, tax credits etc, but never mind , I don't suppose you'll be paying for anyone's lunch.

I should try working should I.

There you go leaping to really stupid conclusions.

You said that you worked on a low income. You were presumably then due for some in work benefits, and weren't going to reach the IHT threshold of £325,000.

So why you support the tories is not at all obvious.

If it makes you sleep easier, I'm a net tax payer, unlike many of the working public.

---------- Post added 30-10-2015 at 08:22 ----------

Nothing I said is spin. The left are out of touch with how most people feel, and when they start realising this they insult their intelligence by suggesting people cannot possibly form their own views, it must only be down to spin.

I didn't say people swallow your spin.

I said people swallow tory spin. You know, the lies they keep peddling.

The worst slump in living standards for those under 34 STARTED in 2010, not ended.

The economic problems started in 2007 and we were on the path to recovery by 2010.

You've no idea what the state of IHT will be by the time you pass, unless you're planning to die in the near future.

The worst slump in living standards for those under 34 STARTED in 2010, not ended.

The economic problems started in 2007 and we were on the path to recovery by 2010.

You've no idea what the state of IHT will be by the time you pass, unless you're planning to die in the near future.

And the bills for paying for that slump came in 2010. Don't try blaming the ambulance crews for the bodies on the road after a car crash.

As you said. The problems started in 2007.. We are still paying for Brown's disaster today and will be for years to come.

I'm pretty cool with IHT. I can't see us getting a Labour government in decades. If we do I'll transfer my cash abroad and let the accountants sort it out. By the way what do you think Corbyn meant when he said a family should be able to inherit a normal family home? Didn't the Daily Mirror mention that?

Edited by exxon

I didn't say people swallow your spin.

I said people swallow tory spin. You know, the lies they keep peddling.

Either way, what you and the rest of the left essentially say when you lose the argument is that people who disagree must be stupid and duped by spin and lies. You can't just accept that the majority of English people have instinctively conservative values and, by and large, agree with the Tories. Especially on something like inheritance tax.

A number of posts attacking other posters and contributing nothing to the discussion [and those posts quoting them] have been removed.

If you start up with the personal attacks again on this or any other thread you accounts will be suspended.

Edited by mort