Market Spice Cafe

pippadoll

Does anybody know when Richard Smith's new venture is due to open? It was supposed to be ready late November, but I haven't heard anything. It sounds like it is going to be a tasty place.

Also how will it operate? Will it be like Thyme Cafe, with no bookings or more of a restaurant.

Does anybody know when Richard Smith's new venture is due to open? It was supposed to be ready late November, but I haven't heard anything. It sounds like it is going to be a tasty place.

Also how will it operate? Will it be like Thyme Cafe, with no bookings or more of a restaurant.

Chalked up for mid to late december opening, as I understand it there will be a no bookings policy in general but not sure for larger parties.

Link for menu:

http://www.relaxeatanddrink.com/

follow the links for SMC

mmmm

Menu looks tasty indeed. Do you know if is the chef from Catch, who brought some interesting oriental spicing to the fish dishes from thyme to thyme (oh no sad pun)....his food was very good.

Can't wait for it to open. Shortish opening times, so maybe it will be more of a restaurant. Hope there is some booking or i'll never get a table :-(

I just don't see the point of this place.

I went to this place in NYC a couple of years ago.

http://www.spicemarketnewyork.com/menus.cfm

One of Jean Jorges V's places. I think the new SMC takes some inspiration from here.

I think it should be an exciting restaurant, the UK is one of the few places in the world where cuisine like this can be produced with credibility - because the country is so diverse.

This may not be strictly true put photos on flickr of the NYC version shows use of the mini staub range which i'm sure will be used as in some of Richard's other restaurants.

Looking forward to his latest project!

Archived