Iconic Sheffield "stores"

Oh, and what was the record shop, 1980s, at Aldine Court on High St called? I think it was linked to Roulette at Castle Market, but it was not known as Roulette, but by another name and I think a guy called Kevin ran it... brill little shop that was.

Got it!!!... K&D Records :banana:

Guest sibon
I recall:

Chantry Records on Commercial St then moved to Exchange Place; late 80s/early 90s

Spin City Records, upper outside deck, Castle Mkt; mid 80s

Roulette Records, Castle Market; 80s

Bradleys Records, Pinstone St, Fargate?, Chapel Walk, 70s & 80s

Curtis' Records, Moorhead where it became Mcdonalds 1970s

Hitsville Records?, Carver St i think in late 80s

I remember a record shop on London Rd and it was there in the mid 70s, next door or next but one to Harveys Opticians, which is still there to this very day, but what was the record shop called? Please, anyone?

You missed Revolution Records, on the balcony at the market.

Does anyone remember Marsdens milk bar on Pinstone Street?

I dont remember the milk bar, but what about the Golden Griddle on Arundel Gate, also owned by Marsdens. I worked there, Saturdays when I was at school. It was a burger place. The main meals we served that I remember were Farmhouse Grill, Greenland Grill, Hamburger Grill. We did milk shakes and sandwiches too. The ladies who worked in the YEB next door used to come in for coffee. I got paid £3.3 shillings for all day Saurday!!!

Oh yes I'd forgotten it's name Marsden. My friend Enid Needham and I went there one Saturday for beans on toast. When I told my Mother she said "But you don't like beans on toast" But these were different and we were playing at being grown up. We also sampled oysters from the man who had a stall near the library - we were 13 and up for it.

Archived