Broomhill/Ranmoor - Decent Restaurant

beckylord

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in broomhill/ranmoor? Any cuisine!

When we lived at Graystones we always used Ranmoor Tandori. Realy nice food, not too expensive and best of all you can take your own drink. In fact you can get a pint at the pub next door and walk round to Ranmoor Tandori with it, they take the glass back for you.

The Italian at Crosspool is nice too.

simon

Rafters at Hangingwater Road crossroads has always been great (although I have to admit have not been for a while cos been trying other places out but not aware of any changes).

It's a nice place for a 'celebration' meal with nice quietish atmosphere. no high ceiling noise bouncing around etc. Background music just right and food was always exquisite!

Not cheap but good value for what you actually get.

Depends what you're looking for.

Go upthe hill to x-pool and there's Artisan. Can't get much better than that.

Ranmoor tandoori is a good Indian.

Artisan is great, but I have to say the few times Ive been in the Ranmoor Tandoori, the food has just been ok, and the staff just seem to want you to eat your food and leave quickly, the last time I went with my partner, we were told all the tables were booked for 8.30pm despite the place being half empty and it only being 7pm..they didnt seem impressed by my claim that we would eat a curry and be gone by 7.45! We drove down to the superb Cafe Guru instead.

Archived