Did Anyone Go To Earl Marshal School?

I went in the early 80's. Remember Mr Rose, Mrs Cheetham, Miss Lund, Mr Caborn, Mr Hallam, Mr Flemming as teachers and Arshad Begum, Jacqui Needham, Terry Taaffe, Lorna Bailey, Stephen Reynolds, Debra Hague, Lisa Poulton, Amanda Staff, Craig Hattersley and David else as students.

know all of them still see alans older brother Gary(sarge) go for a pint know and again think I know who you are too!!!

was good mates with sarge at school saw him a couple of years back first time in about 15 years. see alan now and again. lives in lincoln but pops over for blade games. see geoff (younger brother)a lot boozers in same pubs as me.

Reading all this about Earl Marshal brings back a few memories of my daughter Debbie's 'education' - well time in FirVale/Page Hall etc!!!! I didn't find out until years after she left that she played truant most of the time!!! I thought is was only a one off as a friend once saw her in a cafe in Page Hall during school time and told me. I should never have believed Debbie!!

One of the teachers - David Walker - is an excellent coach driver. We travelled onto the continent with him two or three times (via Geoff Littlewood travel in Firth Park). He's a right comedian and made the journeys very enjoyable.

Other teachers recalled are Mr Rose, Mr Caborn, Mrs Smith, Mrs Cheetham. may get some more names when I speak to Debbie

My kids used to go to the Youth Club when Gwen was there, they absolutely loved it and often went to Thornbridge. Also, once a year were taken in the mini bus over to France and Belgium.

I'm not really sure when Debbie left as she was hardly ever there anyway, but it must have been around 86/87.

I remeber going to france with the youth club but i was only little at the time about 6 maybe, my mum was one of the youthworkers when your daughter was there, her name was Tracy Littlewood u will have to ask if she remebers her, i used to think it was great going away with all the big kids, i have some pics somewhere from all the trips, will have to look them out!

Yes those treasured memories coming back. 1980 - 84

Always our football team would come runners up to Hurlfield.

We did however win the Youth club 5 aside Sheffield league and runners up in the yorkshire and humberside finals. So unlucky to go out to dirty Leeds. I am sure they fielded over 16's as they were massive.

The team

Greg Robinson - (keeper) or (right back) (me!!)

Adrian (only know his first name, although played for the Youth club never went to Earl Marshal ? Great player

Phillip Chalmers (midfield dynamo, should have been pro)

Mark Calvin (just like Mike Tyson, considered a top lad of the school even from the 2nd years, great footballer

Danny Ferguson (little guy, big heart)

Carl Allen (phenominal athlete)

Russell Marples (the eminem before eminem, I used call him Jack)

My favourite teachers -

Mr Rose (the realist)

Mr Baggot (Sports teacher / He loved and nurtured gifted athletes)

Mrs Walker (the attractive English teacher)

Miss Lund (the fittest and those legs, guttered when I was not in her class)

Mrs Turner (Because she had no control, we had a good mess around in her art lessons)

My Most Hated teachers -

Mr Thornton (smelliest teacher ever, had a knack for punishing you with pinches to your back leg, when called in front of the class)

Mr Boreham (a living nazi if ever I saw one. ruled and dictacted with strict severe authority)

So many characters, so many memories. It was difficult times back then leaving school. Nobody knew what was expected in Thatchers Britain. God knows how some of us didn't go mental.

Yes those treasured memories coming back. 1980 - 84

Always our football team would come runners up to Hurlfield.

We did however win the Youth club 5 aside Sheffield league and runners up in the yorkshire and humberside finals. So unlucky to go out to dirty Leeds. I am sure they fielded over 16's as they were massive.

The team

Greg Robinson - (keeper) or (right back) (me!!)

Adrian (only know his first name, although played for the Youth club never went to Earl Marshal ? Great player

Phillip Chalmers (midfield dynamo, should have been pro)

Mark Calvin (just like Mike Tyson, considered a top lad of the school even from the 2nd years, great footballer

Danny Ferguson (little guy, big heart)

Carl Allen (phenominal athlete)

Russell Marples (the eminem before eminem, I used call him Jack)

My favourite teachers -

Mr Rose (the realist)

Mr Baggot (Sports teacher / He loved and nurtured gifted athletes)

Mrs Walker (the attractive English teacher)

Miss Lund (the fittest and those legs, guttered when I was not in her class)

Mrs Turner (Because she had no control, we had a good mess around in her art lessons)

My Most Hated teachers -

Mr Thornton (smelliest teacher ever, had a knack for punishing you with pinches to your back leg, when called in front of the class)

Mr Boreham (a living nazi if ever I saw one. ruled and dictacted with strict severe authority)

So many characters, so many memories. It was difficult times back then leaving school. Nobody knew what was expected in Thatchers Britain. God knows how some of us didn't go mental.

thats the best description of Boreham I have ever heard :hihi: