Did Anyone Go To Earl Marshal School?

I was there 76-81. Personally I had a good time there. Managed to get my "A" levels (admittedly not the grades I needed at the time but life has a way of turning these things around) did load of sports (no chance of that now), and got into music in a big way (thanks Mrs Parish/Gweneth Harris whereever you are). Also, don't forget those school exchange trips to Laragne, France. I went twice and had an absolutely brill time both occasions. Also, there was an active youth club which was handy for me as I only lived across the road :D

Yes, the school had a reputation and it was the cause of a few "rucks" when playing other schools at football, basketball etc.. However, if I remember correctly some of the other schools e.g. Hinde House, Herries had reputations as well.

I got back to Sheffield every so often and its still weird looking at where Owler Lane primary and the old block of Earl Marshal Comp stood now stands this new building. The only thing left is the tree that stood in Owler Lane primary top play area. The kids still transfer from what was Earl Marshal Campus to the new bit (I remember doing the same thing but popping home for a quick snack). The difference is that they now lock the gates after a specified time...

Hi just thought you would like to know I saw Gweneth Harris just after xmas she looked just the same as she did in the 1970's when she taught me, she was at my sister in laws funeral, my sister in law used to work with gweneth in the youth club at Earl Marshal in the early 1980's dont know if you remember her, her name was Tracy Littlewood

Hi just thought you would like to know I saw Gweneth Harris just after xmas she looked just the same as she did in the 1970's when she taught me, she was at my sister in laws funeral, my sister in law used to work with gweneth in the youth club at Earl Marshal in the early 1980's dont know if you remember her, her name was Tracy Littlewood

Sorry to hear about your sister in law. I remember the name. So am I right to assume that you are also related to Anne? I was in the same year as Anne. Pass on my regards (she may remember me as Juan now pronounced "Waan" rather than "Jewan" - long story... :D ).

Your sister of law would certainly have known Mrs Green who also worked at the Youth Club. I'll mention it to her when I'm next up in Sheffield as she is only a few doors down from my parents.

I'm sorry I missed the party a few years ago just before they bulldozed the site when old youth club members got together. I got to see the pictures and scrapbook as Diane, who was running the youth club at the time lived next door to my parents.

Gweneth provided a few of us the opportunity to work on a business project which, in my case, provided invaluable lessons as I got older.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just spotted this post. Mrs Harris taught me too. I left in 76.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I went to earl marshal from 85-89. It had started going downhill at that stage but i do not think it is fair stereotype people, i know people who did very well and have gone on to do extremely well. Finally i KNOW that Firth Park school or Hinde House were no better!!!!

Does anyone remember me???

I left Earl Marshal in 1979 and I've just been back to Sheffield for the first time in 19 years. I went to look at the old school and noticed that Owler Lane school had been knocked down pity they didn't knock down the rest of it down. I can't say that I have any realy good memories from that time as I couldn't wait to leave school. Whilst I was around the area I didn't notice any familiar faces and worst of all the Cannon Hall pub had been knocked down so I couldn't even have a beer.

I left Earl Marshal in 1979 and I've just been back to Sheffield for the first time in 19 years. I went to look at the old school and noticed that Owler Lane school had been knocked down pity they didn't knock down the rest of it down. I can't say that I have any realy good memories from that time as I couldn't wait to leave school. Whilst I was around the area I didn't notice any familiar faces and worst of all the Cannon Hall pub had been knocked down so I couldn't even have a beer.

Hey Langy,

Did you leave at the end of the 5th year in 79? If so, we were in the same year although I stayed on until 81. Who do you remember?

Hi Biscuit;

I left in the 5th year, and I remember you, we were in the same physics class. I used to hang around with Kev Wade, (he was best man at my wedding). Whilst I was in Sheffield I went down Earl Marshal Road a couple of times (I used to live just past the flats at the top end), I've got to say that the area hasn't improved at all. I took my kids around the area just to show them one of the reasons I left.