Did Anyone Go To Earl Marshal School?

Hi Biscuit;

I left in the 5th year, and I remember you, we were in the same physics class. I used to hang around with Kev Wade, (he was best man at my wedding). Whilst I was in Sheffield I went down Earl Marshal Road a couple of times (I used to live just past the flats at the top end), I've got to say that the area hasn't improved at all. I took my kids around the area just to show them one of the reasons I left.

Hi Langy,

I remember you. You lived just a bit further down from Lynn Godbehere. It was Mr Hallam's physics class wasn't it? Although over the years I having flying visits to see my mum and dad every so often, this year was the first time in many that I stayed for any length of time. For me it was really good as I just wandered around the old haunts and just taking in the changes, whether it was for the better for worse. And while doing the "wandering" bit I bumped into Darren McKenna, who got me up to speed on a number of others from our year. In fact, there was a bit of a reunion last June (found out about it a couple of days after) and I think they are planning to hold another one at some point.

I do remember someone called Grenville at school - can't recall his surname though. I think he was in my year. We had a school reunion about nine years ago at the Grosvenor Hotel in town but I don't think he was there. It was good to see everyone though.

I do remember someone called Grenville at school - can't recall his surname though. I think he was in my year. We had a school reunion about nine years ago at the Grosvenor Hotel in town but I don't think he was there. It was good to see everyone though.

Grenville went to a reunion at grosvenor hotel in 94 but unfortunatly he died a few months after in 95

Hello Minetiger

I'm sorry to hear of Grenvilles death - He was very young to die. I wish I'd remembered him more clearly at the reunion but it was weird, everyone there seemed to gravitate to their old groups of friends when they were at school and groups that didn't mix at school didn't really mix with eachother on that night. A couple of the old teachers turned up on the night. You may recall one of them, Miss Driver, she still looked the same age as she did at school. It was scary to think she must have only been our age all those years ago when she seemed so ancient.

• 1 month later...
I went to Earl Marshall up to about 1973 but the memories are a bit foggy - didn't like it much.

Hi Vulcaneer

I left also in May 1973.. I was sixteen then..

Mr. Walker was our form teacher and he hasn't changed at all. He came to a school reunion a few years ago..

Who's form was you in and who did you hang around with.

Where abouts did you live?

I am the elsest of 5. I had a 2 brothers and sister go to Earl Marshal

I hope I am not asking not too many questions..

Thanks

I would have been at Firth Park Secondary during the late 80s - early 90s, but my junior school was a feeder for Earl Marshal.

I'm not being nasty for the sake of it, but Earl Marshal school did have a bad reputation in the 90s! I should know...many of my friends went there :D

Glad you mentioned in the 90's,

Firth Park also had a bad rep.

One thing Earl Marshal had in the 80's that I can say was it was one the number 1 school for sports recreation and creating athletes. Big up Mr Baggot.

Also the characters, were legendary.

For the record, not everyone who went to Earl Marshall ended up on drugs or in prison. I run a very successfull agency for high profile djs and artists and also dj round the country nationally. Big up Mr Rose for being open minded and giving me advice during thatcherism. Leaving Earl Marshall in Summer 84 was one of hardest tasks in life and then to find employment was another nightmare which not many people in Sheffield was prepared for let alone students from Earl marshall. Thank you Mr Rose once again