Has Sharkeys improved lately?

cockanose

I really like it in there.

Decent tunes (though I am biased cos my mate DJS down there), interesting cocktails, not too busy, and Sheffield's nicest bouncer on the door last time I was down there - big smiley Bri (aka BA).

so a hearty :thumbsup: from me

Admittedly it has gone a bit quiet lately but thats just Sheffield over the summer - when two university's worth of students leave the city its surely gonna make a gap - as far as the quality of the bar well its still there - I run a night on a saturday upstairs playin every kinda breaks you can think of with a live drummer - we used to have it on tuesdays but got promoted to a saturday not the best move in the end as the sheffield weekend crowd is less adventurous with its music taste - if its not rnb or funky house their confused - but we still keep trying to provide something different for those who care!!! Any hooooo cockanose pop down and I'll buy ya a pint and you can tell me what you think now!!:P

Sharkey's is a really nice bar. proper cocktails at really good prices. the friendliest staf (tm.) you could hope to find and generally a nice vibe every night of the week. they're very forward thiking in there and I think it's gonna get better and better over teh next few months

also have you tried the food there? the breakfast loaf is a monster! well nice.

Originally posted by KidPhunk

Admittedly it has gone a bit quiet lately but thats just Sheffield over the summer - when two university's worth of students leave the city its surely gonna make a gap - as far as the quality of the bar well its still there - I run a night on a saturday upstairs playin every kinda breaks you can think of with a live drummer - we used to have it on tuesdays but got promoted to a saturday not the best move in the end as the sheffield weekend crowd is less adventurous with its music taste - if its not rnb or funky house their confused - but we still keep trying to provide something different for those who care!!! Any hooooo cockanose pop down and I'll buy ya a pint and you can tell me what you think now!!:P

did you say breaks?

Sharkeys is really nice place...think being situated next to a building site hasn't helped it since it's opened but loads of people are getting to like it...what's more the staff are the nicest - the management are genuinely trying to provide something different with regards to the music policy, the drinks are el cheapo but good and the bouncers are sound too.

There's quite a few little nights of good quality music there worth checking.

EAR COMES THE PLUG

Including a little one we run called COMMON GROUND. Fri nights upstairs. Phon-etics DJs on rotation playing quality hip hop, jazzy biznizz, soul and all that niceness....and if the floor's got legs then more uptempo sidewinders.

Archived