What Should I Call My NEW Bar?

dmjh

Lovin The Suggestions So Far! You're coming up with good names, but what kind of music do u want? Do U want Karaoke? Live Bands? DJ's?

& What Drink Offers would get you in early & Keep you in??

The music depends on who you want to attract. From my personal opinion:

Clubland style music - Embrace clientèle (make of that what you will)

Funky/electro house - Plug and DQ crowd, would probably be very popular

Live bands - Possibly would attract older people who may stay longer

Karaoke - You'll be bankrupt within weeks

Bar 23 used to have a DJ playing funky house and a guy with some drums, seemed to work really well.

I don't think many people would come in early and stay for hours on end, people want to have a few drinks and move on. If the service was quick and the drink prices reasonable you'd probably make more money than if the same people stayed for hours.

The music depends on who you want to attract. From my personal opinion:

Clubland style music - Embrace clientèle (make of that what you will)

Funky/electro house - Plug and DQ crowd, would probably be very popular

Live bands - Possibly would attract older people who may stay longer

Karaoke - You'll be bankrupt within weeks

Bar 23 used to have a DJ playing funky house and a guy with some drums, seemed to work really well.

I don't think many people would come in early and stay for hours on end, people want to have a few drinks and move on. If the service was quick and the drink prices reasonable you'd probably make more money than if the same people stayed for hours.

Thats your opinion, some of us make a good living from it...

Thats your opinion, some of us make a good living from it...

I don't dispute that, but I don't think a karaoke bar would quite work on West St. There's one in Leeds, and its always empty apart from 4am when people high on drugs think they can suddenly sing Meatloaf songs.

Archived