Cairo Jax Nightclub - Memories Required !!

Fantastic!!

We used to give the bouncers £2 and they let us walk to the front of the que.

Fine, fine memories.

If anyone remembers, in '89 I was one of the dodgy very young looking kids who did the fancy footwork dancing... Cringe or what!

Anyone remember 'Bernard' who used to clean the toilets?

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Yukky place - remember songs like Jacko's Bad and ofcause Rick Astley. It was nothing more than yer average school disco.

Full of drunk 17 year olds doing Oops Upside Your Head sat on the floor having consumed one too many Babychams.

My bones chill at the memories.

That'd have been me then!!:D

Used to go every thursday when i was 17,loved it,always used to "pull" in the corridor between the rooms:heyhey:

Originally posted by only_me

I remember three of the bouncers, big T, little T, n spanner.

LOL sounds like members of trumpton or camberwick green :)

pew

pew

baleymcgrew

cuthbert

big t

little t

spanner

and grub

• 8 months later...

Bloody marvellous nightclub but then i'm biased........I used to DJ there between 1984-1988 mainly in the room that played the charty/party stuff.

As well as myself, Steve Knight, the other DJ's i remember were Paul Baron (who was a great DJ), Nigel Filmer and Ian Alvey.

I also DJ'ed in Silks next door and still own a Silks T-Shirt and keyring....Sad isn't it!!!

Probably some of the best times of my life took place in this club.

Remember a bouncer called Fitz and another older guy who was a right miserable old git (wore a wig)..........Do you recall Jo Jo who worked the lighting unit. All blond hair and legs!!

I've got some photos from those days so will dig them out and post at a later date.

Does anyone know of Paul Baron's whereabouts? Lost contact unfortunately.

Fantastic club! I used to every saturday night with the required drink in Silks to begin with.

Didnt stay in Cairos though, always spent most of my time in jax standing/dancing on the steps opposite the dj box.

so many good memories, brilliant.

Does anyone remember when it was halloween and it looked like a whole forrest had been dumped on the floor?

Cairos was a part and parcel of my youth. I used to go between 86-89.

I remember dancing to Never too much Luther Vandross in Jax, that song used to be permenantly on everytime i went in and the other song that reminds me of there is I found lovin'

I'd forgotten about Silks - for some reason my memory of there is hazy.

Never got questioned how old I was and i don't think i went in from being 18 again. Smooching to True by Spandau Ballet! Single hand wave dancing to Soft Cell, Heaven 17 and Human League lol

Didn't they use to serve food as well in there or am i getting mixed up with Josies?

Archived