Cairo Jax Nightclub - Memories Required !!

Oh my god, where do I start. Used to go in late 80's. Did have trouble gettin in sometimes tho, however, I was underage at 1st. Used to go in R+B room mainly but found ourselves walking round and round just lookin at talent. I remember Louise who used to do lights and the Woo Yeah posse who used to stand on the steps at the back of room near the dance floor dancing to 'It takes two', how sad. We loved that place and remember wondering whatever would we do with our lives if it closed. Had a few snogs in there but just loved the music and the whole atmosphere. Those were the days !!!!

Cairos was a part and parcel of my youth. I used to go between 86-89.

I remember dancing to Never too much Luther Vandross in Jax, that song used to be permenantly on everytime i went in and the other song that reminds me of there is I found lovin'

I'd forgotten about Silks - for some reason my memory of there is hazy.

Never got questioned how old I was and i don't think i went in from being 18 again. Smooching to True by Spandau Ballet! Single hand wave dancing to Soft Cell, Heaven 17 and Human League lol

Didn't they use to serve food as well in there or am i getting mixed up with Josies?

Yeah, they did serve food in Jax Diner as it was called. Used to get mine free every night.......perk of working there. The other major perks were free entry on your nights off and free drinks when working the decks.

So Sheffielder, when did you work there? Do i know you from my time there?

I'll dig my photos out over the next week and get them uploaded.

I worked there twice

Around about the time that Sean McGuire and Cleopatra was in the charts

!

I DJ'd there for a few years until it closed - and then again when it became Corporation.

Loved every single second of it !!

Also DJ'd Silks beforehand.

Wish I could go back in time for a night and do it all again just one more time.

Would LOVE to see the pics mate - get em on !!!

Hi, Louise had the dark curly hair, pretty girl, worked in Cairo's side.

Thanks for jogging me memory. Knew her well. I've got a photo of her pretending to work the decks in Cairo's which i'll get on here at some stage.

I worked there twice

Around about the time that Sean McGuire and Cleopatra was in the charts

!

I DJ'd there for a few years until it closed - and then again when it became Corporation.

Loved every single second of it !!

Also DJ'd Silks beforehand.

Wish I could go back in time for a night and do it all again just one more time.

Would LOVE to see the pics mate - get em on !!!

OK....How the hell do you upload photos onto here?????

Archived