Cairo Jax Nightclub - Memories Required !!

• 2 months later...

Yep, I have to say Cairo Jax was special. The music policy for a towny club was spot on. Loved the midweek college parties. Just another excuse to let in under age but I never complained when I was 16. Also Romeo and Juliets, Saturday day time discos. Phenomenal, atmosphere. the girls from the other schools. Now that brings back some serious happy memories.

I used to run a 70s night there on Saturday nights and an 80's night on fridays, circa early 1997.....great fun amd one of the last of the 'traditional' night clubs that Sheffield had left....it was there back in the 1960's and used to host many many famous live acts, when it was known as the CAVENDISH CLUB until the mid 70's when it became ROMEO AND JULIETS.....

Oh My God

Its So Good To Hear So Many People Had Happy Memories Of Cairos.

I Was Resident Dj And Then Promotions Manager After Paul Baron Moved On, I Do Miss Sheffield So Much, I Have Always Said That Sheffield Is One Of The Friendliest City's I Have Ever Played, Oh And By The Way I Am Still Going Strong Dj Wise. How About You Paul? Steve?

Many Thanks To My Friend Who Told Me About This Forum.

Please Get In Touch If You Remember Me Xxxx

Well if you don’t remember me, I had short hair good looking (lol) and I used to work both rooms, here are some of the other dj names WHO YOU MAY REMEMBER ,,,,,, PAUL B, GARY B (of which there were 2, not related) Ashley Y. The female Dj who worked in jax was J, JAY or JAI (sorry babes cant remember) x

Thinking of it if you don’t remember me then I can’t have left much an impression to say I was resident and the promotions manager for 5-6 years.

The lighting jocks as we used to call them, was Jo in Cairo’s (who went on to be a very good friend and still is.

And Louise in Jax, and no idea what she up to now.

When I started Paul Kinsey was manager who later went on to be the division director. Who I still say after all these years in the trade, was the best manager I ever worked for.

As for the best memories, here’s one PYGAMA JUMP, OH HAPPY DAYS

AS FOR THE GHOST IT WAS A PULICITY STUNT DONE WITH THE HELP OF A LOCAL PHOTOGRAPHER

Archived