Tiesto coming to Sheffield! - 5/2/10

sergio

If by "tunneled-vision rules" you mean seeking out artists who care about the music they make rather than the money they generate then yes I do have tunnel-vision.

Yeah I bet Tiesto doesn't care about the music he makes :loopy:

Look, even if he doesn't give a crap about the music he makes and wants to play all the old classics or instead stuff from his latest album, then I personally don't care. Some acts I want to hear new music from, others not so much. When I say tunneled-vision I mean in the sense that I am not always seeking out the most underground music all of the time and can appreciate acts, including djs, playing tracks they have always played. I like music from the 70s and 80s but I don't expect them to perform new material, in fact it is often preferable they don't :hihi:

Whether Take That write their own songs or not is largely an irrelevance, since I don't believe they’re any good lyrically, musically and all of the members are average singers at best.
So your entitled to your opinion then?

Choosing between Take That and the X Factor? It’s splitting hairs…
No it isn't its comparing like with like which in not what you did originally.

I had one of his sets from crasher on CD, was great listening to his set in montreal, moscow, dubai and then sheffield and knowing all over the world his same sets were on sale on the same CD (strange feeling but it was a good feeling that his fans the world over heard him in our little city). Would love to see him live but no sure it will be the same at an 'arena' and not a club.

I am a huge fan of Tiesto, but the Sheffield Arena? I'd rather see him in a confined (kind-of...), intimate venue like Godskitchen rather than at the Arena. Nothing beats admiring and engaging with Adagio for Strings at 3-in-the-morning while your body contains more alcohol than blood...Sadly they seem to be nothing but Arena shows on sale...

I am a huge fan of Tiesto, but the Sheffield Arena? I'd rather see him in a confined (kind-of...), intimate venue like Godskitchen rather than at the Arena. Nothing beats admiring and engaging with Adagio for Strings at 3-in-the-morning while your body contains more alcohol than blood...Sadly they seem to be nothing but Arena shows on sale...

thats the thing, tiesto will hardly ever play them kind of gigs anymore- he is just simply too big for that- yes he could come and play GC at the o2 in the centre of sheffield but when he can sell out the arena by himself it makes sense not to.

Thats why agree with that that lad was saying on the first page- if you go to the small clubs and see the lesser known DJ's the chances are that you will catch one of the future' biggies' before they out-grow the intimate venues.

I had one of his sets from crasher on CD, was great listening to his set in montreal, moscow, dubai and then sheffield and knowing all over the world his same sets were on sale on the same CD (strange feeling but it was a good feeling that his fans the world over heard him in our little city). Would love to see him live but no sure it will be the same at an 'arena' and not a club.
I would suggest that you may as well put the CD on in the venue and Tiesto doesn't actually need to be there if he plays the same set night after night. Morillo is guilty of this as well

Archived