Tiesto coming to Sheffield! - 5/2/10

sergio

• 2 months later...
I think I'll be organising a Chaos Theory afterparty for this, with a 4am finish I'm sure a fair few will have the stamina to go on for longer! Plus It will be 100% trance at the afterparty which I doubt the Tiesto event will be!

craig its scott- are you still planning on doing this?

Yeah he is doing something right; but he's doing it for the mass market of individuals that think going to see "the top rated DJ in the World" is going to be the best dance music event!

Tiesto's job is working in the EDM sorting office... he sorts those individuals that are serious and have a taste for REAL talent from those that haven't a f*cking clue.

A more sucessful person in EDM to me would be a true professional like Craig Richards. I wonder how many of the ticket holders of this event would know who he is. And the thing is you wouldn't be jealous of Richards, as all you can have for the man is respect. And thats not snobbery, its just not being lazy. Tiesto is the fair weather dance fans favourite. Accessible. Easy. Rubbish.

Put it this way; when you're Dad and you're 7 year old nephew know who Tiesto is and can name a couple of his tracks, something inside me screams that I don't wanna know who he is.

If you get that same feeling, don't worry - thats just Tiesto tossing you into the other pile.... while he cherry picks an N Dubz/Hollyoaks/Galaxy105/Heat Magazine lover and puts them into his pile.

Angry post seems 1 dimensional.

So you base your opinion of good music on the fact that a 7year old might know a few tracks from a long list.

If you like an artists music your gonna support them, i have supported Tiesto since day 1 and have loved all his stuff, fair enough it is vering off and edging toward pop/techno but ***** the guy is known worldwide for creating atmospheric tracks and thats a FACT.

Yes he is more accessible but that does not make him any worse/better, thats personal opinion.

Acts are always gonna be hyped, its how long an artist/group stay in the spotlight that truelly determines their presence in the scene. Tiesto has longetivity and brings a show to his crowd.

I got my ticket months ago and although i prefer Techno I would not miss out

on seeing Tiesto go hard in Sheff Arena.. especially with a few thousand other like minded people around me!

Bring it on! 1 more day!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a venue able to get a late license that didnt want to charge the earth for a venue hire so I had to shelve this afterparty. I would advise anyone who does like trance music to check out Off The rails @ Plug (last friday of the month) or Chaos Theory at SAWA (fortnightly Wednesdays, next one is scheduled for 17th March, St Patricks Day).

Archived