A Fixed Monthly Meet

Carlwarker

Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?

• Yes
    • No

My concern about regular meets is that people like myself can't always attend them and will be missing out - this is reflected in the follow up posts after a meet.

The other concern is will cliques start to form with the people who reguarly meet and those who don't?

I don't see it being a problem having a regular meet. Ok, yes maybe there will be cliques forming but that only means they are becoming friends which isn't a bad thing is it? And judging by those who attended this meet who had also attended the first one, they said hello to those who they knew from before but also made an equal effort to speak to the new attendies.

At the end of the day, the people who hit it off could arrange nights out together and not include new people by not advertising it as a meet, therefore it must be better to carry on advertising it so people have the choice to come along when they want/can. :D

The more frequent the more likely people will eventually pop along maybe.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I think monthly is too committive (spelling). I think every other month or once a quarter would be ample.

Surely, being as at the last Meet people left early, came later, etc. then once a month is not that much of a commitment for many.

It is, after all, voluntary to attend - and it gives a 'regular' feel to it.

A regular monthly meet sounds like a great idea. The big problem is agreeing a regular night when this would happen - those who can't make the "chosen" night because of work or family commitments will feel left out!!

Originally posted by MrHelicopter

A regular monthly meet sounds like a great idea. The big problem is agreeing a regular night when this would happen - those who can't make the "chosen" night because of work or family commitments will feel left out!!

How about a Thursday - like last time. It doesn't cut into peoples weekend, and it tends to be less rowdy than a Friday or Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, those who have to go home afterwards, for family or next-day work reasons, can do so and still meet-up with Forum members.

Guess, with being retired and single, I'm fortunate in that respect - though any day is OK with me.

Just a suggestion.:lol:

Originally posted by Carlwarker

How about a Thursday - like last time. It doesn't cut into peoples weekend, and it tends to be less rowdy than a Friday or Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, those who have to go home afterwards, for family or next-day work reasons, can do so and still meet-up with Forum members.

Guess, with being retired and single, I'm fortunate in that respect - though any day is OK with me.

Just a suggestion.:lol:

But Thursday isn't good for me because I am in Manchester.

Archived