A Fixed Monthly Meet

Carlwarker

Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by Funke88

Well, seems like a date you guys. Nov 6th at the Washington.

Problem is, where is the Washington?

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to Carlwark for organizing a meet and especially for working it around when I'm in town. Doesn't seem like anyone else has had any other good ideas or taken the initiative to organize anything this time around. I would get involved myself but I don't know my way around Sheffield anymore. I got the impression when talking in the chat room on Sunday that some of you weren't interested. Well, no ones asking you to come but it would be nice.

Thank you for the kudos Funke – but, actually, it was alch’s idea originally – I just took the initiative to contact you. As for the venue – that was really Jamie, who suggested we meet at the Washington, before the last Meet. Unfortunately, he was in the right place (The Washington) at the right time, whilst, I was in the wrong place (the Devonshire Cat, half a block away) at the right time – hence, I described it as ‘spacious’, whereas, as endorsed by Phan and Xtro, it’s actually ‘cosy’ – I finally found it this Monday, along with Jamie and Phan. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and your hubby, on the sixth.:)

Originally posted by alchresearch

Which 'side' of the pub and what time?

The Washington is 'cosy' enough not to get 'lost' - and Funke mentioned 7pm, Thursday 6th November.

But, I guess, like the last Meet, people 'drop-in' when they can.:)

Originally posted by JamieW

Sounds cool to me ...

When me, CW and phan met up the other night ... we just about had the whole place to ourselfs.

Maybe we should make arrangments for some catering or sandwiches or something ?

See the 'Classic' post above jamie - maybe we can leave it up to you.:)

ps. I learned never to volunteer in the RAF.

An RSM once asked us who could play the piano - the AC2 who replied ended up peeling the 'spuds'!:)

Archived