Sheffield taxi fares over Christmas

:huh: Well that explains that. Now can you see the argument from the drivers side? 40 quid jouney now 42 instead of 60 - a loss of 18 quid???? Christmas day.
Sorry I must have been writing my post when you posted yours, I was trying to be objective as I could be without getting emotional about rights and wrongs of management etc.

So an average journey time around Sheffield say 20 mins? Reasonable?

Even without a pickup on the way back so round time of 40 mins from city centre and back again...

8 hour shift, 1.5 fares per hour makes that an extra £24 for working Xmas day. Based on an income of £25k a year that makes it an extra third on top of an average salary.

I can see why the drivers are annoyed at this. There's no chance I'd work Christmas day for 1 1/3 time.

(Figures might be wrong..You might have guessed I'm not a taxi driver :) )

Thank you xx

Actually Tab1, I agree with Fizzy and drivers who keep on excepting the terms will get s*** on all the time, are you one of these sheep too?

RedHand , you agree with our friend Fizzy I think I know the reason why:hihi:

Mate, if drivers like you keep on excepting the conditions they City and co do then the'll to do whatever they like, its until we make a stance like not working and .....................

:roll: The lengths people would go to just to be able to have a go;)

RedHand , you agree with our friend Fizzy I think I know the reason why:hihi::roll: The lengths people would go to just to be able to have a go;)

So i know Fizzy tabs? believe me i know you too :hihi:

Actually i'm now curious Tabs?

Edited by RedHand

So i know Fizzy tabs? believe me i know you too :hihi:
Then you would have known I have no interest in following what City set as fares, so your 'sheep' comment was a deliberate attempt to insult was it?:roll:

Perhaps you could discuss the topic rather than personal issues? I have no reason to doubt you but what has it got to do with the topic and the same spelling mistake by apparently two people?:huh::suspect:

Edited by tab1

Mate, you need to chill, I wasn't making an insult directly at you, nor was Fizzy (i'm sure) by using the term "following like sheep" means people all following without making any fuss (OR IT DOES IN MY BOOK) hey sorry if you thought i'm being personal, btw your not a Taxi driver anyway.

Mate, you need to chill, I wasn't making an insult directly at you, nor was Fizzy (i'm sure) by using the term "following like sheep" means people all following without making any fuss (OR IT DOES IN MY BOOK) hey sorry if you thought i'm being personal, btw your not a Taxi driver anyway.
My status as a driver is not under discussion here though.

In my experience two people, both relatively newish members can't possibly just merely as a coincidence (see post 73) make the same mistake in using a simple word like 'Accepting' in the same context, calling it 'excepting' on both occasions and I suggest there is multiple Id's at work here sir.;) No wonder you agree with each other:lol:

If all is as you say and you wish to discuss the topic at hand and not merely have a go, then please respond to my post #57, thanks, and we can move the discussion further.

Edited by tab1