Two 10 year old boys charged with rape

Tipex

Ok, with a broader view, what do you think as a society we should do with them, if convicted?

That would be where social services would be needed as to why these minors have committed this offence, obviously looking into the background of thier lives, which im sure is happening now.

As to how the parents of the girl would be feeling that I don't know, even if the offence was due to lack of parenting skills on the boys side and the boys thinking they had done nothing wrong, that I assume would not have any effect on the parents whose little 8 yr old girl had been raped.

So what do you think we should do with them, if convicted?

So what do you think we should do with them, if convicted?

If a 10 year old child is too young to give consent to sexual intercourse because they are judged not to be mature enough to understand the consequences of their actions, then does the same argument applies towards these two young boys?

If a 10 year old child is too young to give consent to sexual intercourse because they are judged not to be mature enough to understand the consequences of their actions, then does the same argument applies towards these two young boys?

That could quite possibly be true, although I feel all 10 year olds know the difference between right and wrong, would depend on thier upbringing i.e do thier parents openly have sex infront of thier children? do they explain this is a normal thing that happens between male and females etc.

That could quite possibly be true, although I feel all 10 year olds know the difference between right and wrong, would depend on thier upbringing i.e do thier parents openly have sex infront of thier children? do they explain this is a normal thing that happens between male and females etc.

You are certainly right about kids their age knowing right from wrong, but at that age do the boys really understand the consequences of their actions? As I said earlier I guess the kids actions can be explained by a learned behaviour rather than them being sexual predators. Some how it seems that the kids have sexualised, how this has happened at the moment it's anybodies guess.

Even if they dont have an understanding of the extent of what they were doing, i still think they should be punished.

I think the main thing about this though is there needs to be an understanding why they did this and where they got the knowledge from. They may have been sexually abused themselves or whitnessed sex. I agree with Bruno

You are certainly right about kids their age knowing right from wrong, but at that age do the boys really understand the consequences of their actions? As I said earlier I guess the kids actions can be explained by a learned behaviour rather than them being sexual predators. Some how it seems that the kids have sexualised, how this has happened at the moment it's anybodies guess.

Good point, depending on what actually happened, was the girl screaming, was one restricting her movement whilst the other commited the act vice versa etc.

Even if they dont have an understanding of the extent of what they were doing, i still think they should be punished.

I think the main thing about this though is there needs to be an understanding why they did this and where they got the knowledge from. They may have been sexually abused themselves or whitnessed sex. I agree with Bruno

The kids should and will defiantly be punished, if for no more reason to teach them that there is major consequences to such vile actions.

And that's why we have laws, to make sure I don't exact bloodthirsty revenge on you, and to punish me if I do so.

you dont take into account emotions,who knows how people will react to a situation,thats why the law was changed to ..you can defend your home within reason... it meant that you could fight back ,given reasonabl outrage as long as you didnt go over the top and kill someone,many countries have altered their laws now in defence of the house owner /victim and crime has dropped ,after all if it was legal to shoot a burglar in your home ,many burglars wouldnt take the risk

Archived