Two 10 year old boys charged with rape

Tipex

But you know that 'do-gooder' is used as a term of opprobrium. It really means an interfering busybody. Could be used to describe almost anyone on SF, really :D

Yes I know it's used in this way. But its a perverse term if you think about it.

People like Bruno throw it at anyone who has liberal values, in the same way that people on the left throw 'racist' at anyone who raises questions about multi-culturalism or immigration.

Neither term is really helpful, and it doesn't really add anything to the debate

• 4 months later...

Is it just me who finds all reportage on this case incredibly $%^ing distasteful?

Obviously no names have been revealed, etc, etc, but it still just seems....well....nasty to even be reading about something like this unless you are directly involved or work in child protection or the justice system.

Is it just me who finds all reportage on this case incredibly $%^ing distasteful?

Obviously no names have been revealed, etc, etc, but it still just seems....well....nasty to even be reading about something like this unless you are directly involved or work in child protection or the justice system.

With you there. I can't see how its in the public interest or of any interest at all really.

With you there. I can't see how its in the public interest or of any interest at all really.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are addicted to a constant diet of things to get outraged about, and it makes big bucks for the media to find the stories and ensure they get an entirely disproportionate level of coverage.

I think that most would agree with this^, but it’s undeniable that humans have a morbid curiosity about these unsavoury stories.

This is currently the most popular article on the BBC website. Did I click on it? Yes. Did I want to? No, not really.

I think that most would agree with this^, but it’s undeniable that humans have a morbid curiosity about these unsavoury stories.

This is currently the most popular article on the BBC website. Did I click on it? Yes. Did I want to? No, not really.

The fact that it's popular doesn't make it right or decent. I was the victim of a sexual assault in the past, a long time ago.

The thought of complete strangers knowing or wanting to know the details out of "interest" or "curiosity" or even to work themselves up into a fit of fake "outrage" is bloody disgusting, and puts them almost on the same level as the attacker.

Archived