Two 10 year old boys charged with rape

Tipex

I think the girl needs a damn good thrashing now that the boys are off the hook....after all, we gotta have something/one to be outraged at.

So..c'mon all, let's hear it for the girl... Boooooo!

Is it just me who finds all reportage on this case incredibly $%^ing distasteful?

Obviously no names have been revealed, etc, etc, but it still just seems....well....nasty to even be reading about something like this unless you are directly involved or work in child protection or the justice system.

And I think what's transpired today shows just why cases like this should be treated very carefully in the media until a final verdict is announced, for all the children's sakes. I would hope that people have enough empathy to assess this with some sensitivity, but we all know how thug-headed some people are.

I think the girl needs a damn good thrashing now that the boys are off the hook....after all, we gotta have something/one to be outraged at.

So..c'mon all, let's hear it for the girl... Boooooo!

if she wasn't below the age of criminal responsibility she should be charged with something, I dunno, like...what is it trying to perverse the course of justice or something?

The boys being accused of rape man I know they're only young but this could have ruined their lives.

It's a shame others couldn't exercise your restraint
The last post was in December last year, and you've resurrected it to post a link, saying that ^^:huh:

Why didn't you exerise some restraint and not bother?

if she wasn't below the age of criminal responsibility she should be charged with something, I dunno, like...what is it trying to perverse the course of justice or something?

The boys being accused of rape man I know they're only young but this could have ruined their lives.

Yes it could have, but only from an adults perspective. You only have to read the OP's response and you get the impression he's about to be sick.

This is a story only because of adults. We inflict adult standards onto our children and if they don't conform we nail them to the nearest tree. Probably every boy has dropped his pants and every girl has showed her tush at some stage in their pubescent years. When I was her age rape was probably a word I didn't understand let alone heard of. You only have to mention the phrase "touched me there" and the whole of the civilised world goes into spasm.

This should have been dealt with at parent level...not the gutter (press).

The last post was in December last year, and you've resurrected it to post a link, saying that ^^:huh:

Little has happened since December 2009 until now.

The case has recently come to trial, and today it's been established that the rape didn't take place and that is currently being widely reported.

I haven't passed any opinion on the latest development, so restraint isn't required on my part.

I'm confused :confused: - this has been in the press recently

I'm confused :confused: - this has been in the press recently

Correct...and previously also. Time was needed to ascertain the facts. On reflection you wouldn't believe it though..:hihi:

The fact that it's popular doesn't make it right or decent. I was the victim of a sexual assault in the past, a long time ago.

The thought of complete strangers knowing or wanting to know the details out of "interest" or "curiosity" or even to work themselves up into a fit of fake "outrage" is bloody disgusting, and puts them almost on the same level as the attacker.

Sensationalism pure and simple. Sickening.

Archived