Two 10 year old boys charged with rape

Tipex

if she wasn't below the age of criminal responsibility she should be charged with something, I dunno, like...what is it trying to perverse the course of justice or something?

Perversion of the course of justice, exactly correct. However as an eight-year-old I don't think she can be charged with it.

You don't believe that accusations of rape should go to court?

I would have hoped the true story of what happened had been found out before a court hearing. From what I have heard the girl readily agreed nothing untowards had happened.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the girl needs a damn good thrashing now that the boys are off the hook....after all, we gotta have something/one to be outraged at.

So..c'mon all, let's hear it for the girl... Boooooo!

How did this case ever get to court!!!!!

Because we live in a culture where most adults have their heads up their backsides.

Perversion of the course of justice, exactly correct. However as an eight-year-old I don't think she can be charged with it.

I would have hoped the true story of what happened had been found out before a court hearing. From what I have heard the girl readily agreed nothing untowards had happened.

Guilty of attempted rape

Care to retract your ill informed opinions?

Should the girl still receive a damn good thrashing (Alien)?

Did the police, doctors, CPS have their heads up their backsides (Alien)?

Did the girl pervert the course of justice (HeadingNorth)?

Any regrets about your reactionary posts to media headlines (Harvey19)?

Did the girl pervert the course of justice (HeadingNorth)?

It wasn't I who said she had perverted the course of justice, I was merely clarifying what the charge would be. I still don't think an 8 year old could be charged with it.

That said; either she lied about being raped, or she lied in court about having lied. Which of the two is it? The article doesn't make that clear.

It wasn't I who said she had perverted the course of justice, I was merely clarifying what the charge would be. I still don't think an 8 year old could be charged with it.

That said; either she lied about being raped, or she lied in court about having lied. Which of the two is it? The article doesn't make that clear.

Ok fair do's HN.

As I posted if the girl withdrew her allegations of rape at the beginning of the trial. I would have hoped this information had been elicited before going to court. Also it woulld appear that there was no corroborating evidence.

Without knowing the full details of the court case I think we should leave the subject alone as I am sure there will be an appeal.

This case would never have resulted in a conviction if the victim had been an adult due to the contradictory nature of her evidence. There's an element of "we adults know better" in the way her testimony to the courtroom was ignored.

I'm not even sure 10 year old boys are physically capable of rape, I certainly wouldn't have been at that age. Sure, pre-pubertal boys get hard-ons, but they're random and not in response to sexual stimulus. Maybe that's why they were convicted of attempted rape, but I doubt they even understand the true nature of rape or it's implications.

Putting children through the legal system which they can't really have any understanding off the procedure or the charge is the sort of thing you would expect to hear of happening in the third world country.

They'll have the appeal and inevitable aquittal to go through now.

Archived