Is the Lyceum panto any good?

muxey

We went as a family on the 20th - Sunday.

I've got to admit, I was a bit disappointed. There didn't seem to be much "He's behind you" or "Oh no it isn't".

There was some good stuff though, such as the prince visibly laughing through his lines as the dame was making him laugh.

Overall though, it wasn't as good as previous years and certainly not a patch on last year's Manor operatic one. I'm hoping that the Manor one is equally good this year.

G

Get on the mailing list of the LAMPROOM Theatre in Barnsley. They are a totally professional outfit. Becky from Corrie was an earlier member and who can say any more?

Have just been to their panto Aladdin. a great family pantomime full of clean humour and perfect for young children. A fraction of the price of the Lyceum also!!

Me and my family have just been to see snow white and the seven dwarfs and we have come away disappointed. The last two years, we have come away and really enjoyed it but this year it was flat. The actors were wooden (not literally) and there was no excitement. Especially when it advertised Bobby Knutt, the guy who makes the pantomime, and his only appearance was a pre-recorded video on a big mirror. And then to top it all off, the NCP charged £7.10 for 2hr 45 mins!!:loopy: How ridiculous!!:rant:

I'd like to see your views on this topic!

have to agree about nurse nellie lol he really made it for us (10 of us went on the 22nd).

i didnt think it was too bad but wasnt as good as last year, totally agree about the parking too, i live in rotherham and after 6pm parking in town is free but when we came out after seeing the show at about 10pm there was a traffic warden checking all the cars around there. surely he must be getting over time because sheffield council know theres easy money to be made, not very festive really.

Archived