Is the Lyceum panto any good?

muxey

We went up to Sheff. for Xmas and the wife and kids went to see Snow White. They loved every minute of it and said that even though Bobby Knutt was on video screen, he was brilliant. My two London accented kids have been walking around saying "Ayup Knutty" ever since.

I've heard some kids say it was the best panto they've ever seen. I've only seen this one so can't comment, although I'd love to see Cinderella at the Manor!

I agree that dame Damien is great in Snow White - great comic timing, excellent physical comedy and all the best lines. Princey has a good singing voice too. Birthday requests and general hellos are always done - if there are any - and the actors will sing happy birthday. However, you have to tell the staff BEFORE the interval. They don't invite kids onto the stage any more simply because they found it difficult to get kids who wanted to get on (apparently, parents put their kids forward and then the kids refuse on a regular basis). There is some car parking deal. Not sure what it is (first hour free or something) but staff at the box office will tell you or just ask for the duty manager. It's on until 10 January but I think next Sunday's performance is cancelled.

Guess you call this a long answer to a short question... Sorry.

a group of us went to the lyceum one, all of us thought it was great. ive been to a few at the lyceum and this had to be one of the best. ive always found in the past that they recycle the same jokes every year, this year seemed to have a lot of fresh jokes. you cant beat a good panto to get you in the mood for xmas :)

Archived