York closing night

Ade65

It was nice to go in and have a few drinks on the closing night in the York; shame all the people in last night didn't go in more often, then it may not have closed down.

There is a reason its been closed down, and it has nothing to do with the fact that not many people went in......

Things will be happening there soon.....or so I have heard...

Can we start the rumours and wild speculation now?

Nothing to do with me now so that is up to you. All I can tell you is I have strong reason to suspect the ground floor may be a restaurant in 2010. It is highly unlikely to be a bar again, it has been 100% stripped bare in every single respect.

And yes, the fact not many people went in is not connected with the closure. Even it was rammed 7 nights a week, it would have made no difference to what the Pub Company were planning.

THanks to all who came down for the final night, it was a great night indeed, and the cellar was drunk dry, aside from 4 pints of Stones, which I think we can make allowances for........everyone was so drunk at the end we could not even GIVE Stones away....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tdtQfQnq3Q

Archived