Shambles at The Nursery

dishwasher

Went there last night just after nine and the place was heaving. Packed inside and out.

But there were so few bar-staff.

After waiting a good ten minutes at the bar, with absolutely no sign of getting a drink, we walked out and went elsewhere.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It's not rocket science to deduce that a Friday evening after a spell of warm weather will bring out the crowds.

So why did The Nursery get its staffing levels so wrong?

I hear they've been granted a licence until 1am. Is that how long it takes for everyone to get served in that place?

I think it's rubbish and has been since the interior was changed oh years ago.. I have walked out of many a pub due to not getting a drink.. after all that's why the majority of people go in there.. They might just have a staff problem at the moment as students have gone home for summer and it's just for a short time.

Yeah ive had that problem a few times, esp when the footie was on. Still as long as the beer is cheap and im not far off broke then ill keep going back.

ot: sheff_minx that chavscum website is gooden, might have to get myself a chavspotting shirt!

Nursery is a great pub - Cheap beer and massive beer garden out back for when the sun is out. So what if it takes a while to get a drink. When a pub is busy it is bound to take longer. Just get two at a time if it bothers you that much. Normally on Eccy road champs and varsity are just as bad if not worse anyway.

Actually Champs you do still get served reasonably quick when it is busy...

Nursery is fairly bad for long waits, although it often looks worse than it is due to the big pillar in front of the bar, which means the queue tends to be to the sides several deep, yet in front of the pillar there is no-one.

The Varsity is by far the worst for bar service I've ever encountered... 10 minutes to get served Saturday when the pub wasn't busy and there were six staff behind the bar :suspect:

Stop talking and get serving!v :rant:

Don't get me started on taxi's!

Archived