Training aids to stop dog barking?

Thanks everyone for your constructive suggestions.

And the problem with a dog barking is what?[/Quote]

Dragon - did you actually read what Draggletail said about my reasons for being concerned about this?

Fergus does not bark when we are out or in other people's houses. He does bark when he's playing, which is fine. The only problem we have is that he barks when someone comes to the house and doesn't stop until they've gone - and he gets very stressed in the process. He also frightens whoever comes to the door if they don't know him and probably annoys the neighbours. And it goes without saying that I would prefer him not to be upsetting and waking my baby.

So are you not bothered if your dog barks loudly and terrorises the postman and small children?

Sorry to hear of your predicament Longshanks.

Did you get my message about the spray collars being better than the ultrasonic ones?

I'm still trying to find the relevant thread on a different forum about this which may help you.

As soon as I find it I will let you know!

Lottie

So is Lottie saying it is natural for a dog to pull on a lead?

Interesting - I thought leads were invented by man to tame a dog - never realised it was something the dog was born with and perfectly natural. Silly me - going to the shops and buying a lead. I should have waited while the dog naturally developed its own.

Bit of a lame argument really.

Anyhow - if you want to stop your dog barking pay to have its larynx removed. Jeze!

Dragon

Dragon,

no, they are not born with leads, but as soon as a lead is attached, they naturally pulll. That is natural.

Aren't houses and doors manmade? They are, afterall barking at a knock on the door... well if we didn't have houses and doors, then they wouldn't be able to knock so the dog wouldn't be able to bark at it.

No, I think your argument was pretty lame...

(And, I know that Draggletail liked it :hihi:!)

No, you're making yourself look silly now so I'd leave it.

It is as natural for dogs to pull on a lead as it is for a dog to bark, otherwise, why would you have to train them not to?

Lottie