Misleading price tickets in Morrisons

They are under no obligation to refund you.

Check out "Invitation to treat" in the sale of goods act.

Maybe not obliged too..but good customer care would prevail :hihi:

Or like another poster said, watch them scan through..then refuse them at the till.

Jayne

When I worked for Sheffield co-op we were constantly changing price tickets for this that and the other. If someone pointed out that a price ticket was wrong then it was immediately rectified after the person had paid the lower price. We charged what was shown on the tickets. We also had to do promotional offer signs and sometimes one or two may slip our attention until pointed out by a customer who would get the items at the offer price and then a member of staff would remove the promo sign.

Our labels had to match with the product and we did our best to ensure this was the case, but there are so many items to check constantly due to price changes, and so many staff appear inept so hardly surprising there are errors.

I am aware of certain staff who were given a pile of price labels and could not be bothered to put half of them on the displays but preferred to chat and then bin the tickets.

So there are lots of reasons why supermarkets misprice items, and it generally IS an error and not intentional.

Dragon of Ana

Have you noticed the "scam" in Morrisons where you see items priced up on the shelf & when you look carefully the price is for a different item or size and the first time you notice is when you arrive home and check the receipt. A few of us were chatting yesterday in the store and believe it is a management scam and many of the older generation are being ripped off. Always check when you see "offers".

I had issues with Morrisons and Asda with this little trick - I don't buy from either now...

When I worked for Sheffield co-op we were constantly changing price tickets for this that and the other. If someone pointed out that a price ticket was wrong then it was immediately rectified after the person had paid the lower price. We charged what was shown on the tickets. We also had to do promotional offer signs and sometimes one or two may slip our attention until pointed out by a customer who would get the items at the offer price and then a member of staff would remove the promo sign.

Our labels had to match with the product and we did our best to ensure this was the case, but there are so many items to check constantly due to price changes, and so many staff appear inept so hardly surprising there are errors.

I am aware of certain staff who were given a pile of price labels and could not be bothered to put half of them on the displays but preferred to chat and then bin the tickets.

So there are lots of reasons why supermarkets misprice items, and it generally IS an error and not intentional.

Dragon of Ana

I worked for Kwik Save as a student, and we behaved exactly as you did - Asda and Morrisons don't however - they won't back down and offer the price shown...

Have you noticed the "scam" in Morrisons where you see items priced up on the shelf & when you look carefully the price is for a different item or size and the first time you notice is when you arrive home and check the receipt. A few of us were chatting yesterday in the store and believe it is a management scam and many of the older generation are being ripped off. Always check when you see "offers".

I have had very bad experiences of this at Morisons. On one instance they had a stand of special offer whisky almost by the checkouts. The offer was for Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Port Cask Matured Whisky at a fantastic price of around £18 per bottle.

I took a bottle and only realised I was being charged around £25 because I was only buying a very few other items.

It turned out that every single bottle on the display was Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Sherry Cask Matured Whisky, which of course wasn't on offer. Indeed there was no Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Port Cask Matured Whisky in the store.

I just wonder how many people were caught out by this as the 2 bottles are absolutely identical except for one word in small print.

I think Morrisons are the worst (or the best) at scamming. I used to be caught out many a time until the penny finally dropped to check labels etc carefully. I don't trust the round display baskets, you see the 'offers sign' then find other items/brands are there.

Another misleading ploy is to have a ticket stating in large print: HALF PRICE REDUCED FROM £5 TO £2.50. and in small print: per kilo.

So you think (but you're not thinking) you're getting something for £2.50 when the actual cost is much higher

M and S and Tesco do this, especially for meat and poultry.

Archived