Did mad friday live up to its name?

Bruno

Although it was technically mad Friday, there is still almost a week to go before Christmas and a lot of people are still at work next week (me included - booooo) so I can't imagine it will have been as busy as others. Also the whole idea of places closing down over Christmas must be dying out along with the industries that came up with the idea in the first place.

Although it was technically mad Friday, there is still almost a week to go before Christmas and a lot of people are still at work next week (me included - booooo) so I can't imagine it will have been as busy as others. Also the whole idea of places closing down over Christmas must be dying out along with the industries that came up with the idea in the first place.

I think you are spot on with that!

I believe the so called mad friday, will be on Wednesday, as you say it's been too far apart from xmas eve.

Went out straight from work and its was definately busier than a normal Friday. Devonshire Cat was packed and walking past other places they seemed very busy as well. All had bouncers on the door. Went for something to eat at Pizza Express expecting it to be equally as busy but got a table straight away.

Went to the new place at the Station at around 8pm and it was heaving. Less busy from around 10.30ish when either people were off home after a hard afternoon or going onto a club.

Mad Friday was far quieter than it was 2 years ago.......impact of the recession me thinks, there were far less numbers of people out in general...Dove had a great tea time and early/mid evening, but it died off fairly early, like most places from what i observed on my travels.....

Archived