The Milestone Restaurant - your opinions.

steveroberts

We had our Xmas do at the Milestone last night and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Two of us had to send back our pork and all they did was heat up the portions they originally gave to us...the owner gave us his card and said to come back and he'd look after us...an interesting way of getting repeat business (but I won't be taking him up on his offer :))

I'd like to blame my headache today on food poisoning but...:hihi:

Ah, ye, I've always meant to give that a try! Cask ale pub isn't it?

Not really. It's a bistro/restaurant that has tried to tap into the local real ale scene by providing 1 or 2 hand pulled ales at grossly inflated prices.

The food is supposed to be good though, friends who have been really enjoyed it.

I live round the corner from the Milestone and although it maintains its prices, it's well worth every penny. The atmosphere is lovely, a unique gem in the city which provides excellent food, service and amazing cocktails!!

Thursday night is 2 for 1 cocktail night and they are all amazing....

Such a shame you had a bad experience there, it is most unusual from my experience and weekly trip there since it opened.

T4Tiff

I really like the Milestone but have heard it can be hit and miss as far as the food is concerned. I've eaten downstairs plenty of times and tbh it's always been pretty good. I once ventured upstairs and left feeling empty, both in terms of stomach and wallet!

Not really. It's a bistro/restaurant that has tried to tap into the local real ale scene by providing 1 or 2 hand pulled ales at grossly inflated prices.

It seems like they can't win. If they don't have real ale then people would winge that they sell rubbish beer and then when they make an effort to put a couple of decent beers on they get accused of trying 'tap into the local real ale scene' as if it is some sort of crime.

Good on them for giving you the option of having a cask ale with your meal if you fancy one. And those that find it too expensive can always choose to go to one of the other pubs nearby.

It seems like they can't win. If they don't have real ale then people would winge that they sell rubbish beer and then when they make an effort to put a couple of decent beers on they get accused of trying 'tap into the local real ale scene' as if it is some sort of crime.

Good on them for giving you the option of having a cask ale with your meal if you fancy one. And those that find it too expensive can always choose to go to one of the other pubs nearby.

Trying to tap into the local real ale scene isn't a crime. The price they charge is.