Is Yorkshire Water the best water in the world?

I've had worse. But then again, I've had much, much better from various parts of the WORLD.

To claim ours is the best in the world is a pretty large sweeping statement.

Yes, it is. How about, it's the best water in Yorkshire?

Northern parts of Sheffield are supplied from the Stocksbridge reservoirs and at one time the water was tinged brown-obvious when the bath was filled and left a stain on surfaces, it was due to the peat in the water, apparently it leached into the reservoir from its banks. Since the eighties new filtering plant has eliminated it.

Yes, it is. How about, it's the best water in Yorkshire?

I don't know the answer to that. Yorkshire is a big place too.

There are loads of places, especially in north Yorks that may have better supplies.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what makes water good water.

Northern parts of Sheffield are supplied from Broomhall reservoir and at one time the water was tinged brown-obvious when the bath was filled and left a stain on surfaces, it was due to the peat in the water, apparently it leached into the reservoir from its banks. Since the eighties new filtering plant has eliminated it.

Broomhall reservoir eh?!?!?! where's that then?

Think you might mean BroomHEAD reservoir out near Stocksbridge!;)

Northern parts of Sheffield are supplied from Broomhall reservoir and at one time the water was tinged brown-obvious when the bath was filled and left a stain on surfaces, it was due to the peat in the water, apparently it leached into the reservoir from its banks. Since the eighties new filtering plant has eliminated it.

I think it comes mainly from the Damflask.

I don't know the answer to that. Yorkshire is a big place too.

There are loads of places, especially in north Yorks that may have better supplies.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what makes water good water.

All good points.

Yorkshire water is the best water that comes through my taps.

Broomhall reservoir eh?!?!?! where's that then?

Think you might mean BroomHEAD reservoir out near Stocksbridge!;)

Yep, got Morehall and Broomhead crossed!

When we made enquiries to the Water Board (before privatisation) they explained the peat problem and I'm sure we got the supply (then) from the Stocksbridge reservoirs.

Archived