Kiveton Park:Station Road Terraces

What can anyone tell me about the Victorian working peoples' dwellings that used to be on Station Road in Kiveton; opposite the Saxon Pub. I think they were demolished in the 1980's. To get to them you had to walk down steps. They looked very Dickensian. When my family lived nearby, I went to school (1970) with a lad called Barry Bull, whose family lived in one of them. Kevin Taylor.

hi kev its me again,barry bull still lives in the village he is a window cleaner and doesnt live far from me near wales high school.his older brother harry died a short while ago and dont know what happend to the other brother ivor hope that helps a bit

• 1 year later...

The terraced houses at Hard Lane were pit houses i.e. built for families of men who worked at the pit and were called Park Terrace, also known as The Old Rows to distinguish them from The Little Rows, Albert Terrace and Victoria Terrace, which were next to the Junior school, and The New Rows, Dawson Terrace and Carrington Terrace on Wales Road, not far from the Methodist Chapel.

• 5 weeks later...
The terraced houses at Hard Lane were pit houses i.e. built for families of men who worked at the pit and were called Park Terrace, also known as The Old Rows to distinguish them from The Little Rows, Albert Terrace and Victoria Terrace, which were next to the Junior school, and The New Rows, Dawson Terrace and Carrington Terrace on Wales Road, not far from the Methodist Chapel.

You beat me to it amadoresblue [edit - by about a month, I've just noticed the date after searching for Kiveton history threads!] Hope you're well and thanks for the e-mails.

Archived