Did you go in cyrils or goffs in darnall

can anyone remember cyrils cafe on darnall used to go in to play pin ball m/c.

and goffs at the bottom of high hazels park remember summer evenings after playing football call in for apenny drink & sweets did you go in these long gone cafes?:thumbsup:

im not sure ..........i used to go to high hazels a lot when i lived in darnell (till i was about 8) pre 1981? ish

used to buy stuff from somewhere up near the boating lake? ........my minds a bit sketchy

My husband used to go to Cyril's everyday for his dinner, a tomato dip, cup of tea and a tuppeny Park Drive, leaving just 3d to play the Pinball, with a bit of luck he'd win enough replays to last all his 1 hour lunch, which would leave Cyril fuming. After dinner when the cafe cleared Cyril would get his screwdriver and try to fix the machine to stop anyone getting so many replays.

His favourite drink at Goff's was Vimto, they used to make their own, they'd mix it in demi-johns which stood on the counter and sold it in really tiny glasses.

Originally posted by jacklev1

can anyone remember cyrils cafe on darnall used to go in to play pin ball m/c.

and goffs at the bottom of high hazels park remember summer evenings after playing football call in for apenny drink & sweets did you go in these long gone cafes?:thumbsup:

I remember Goffs at the bottom of High Hazels park I used tolive on Olivers mount in the late sixties. I went inot Goffs for my sweets very typical old sweet shop /very dark.

Archived