What was your most useless/inane present this Christmas?

i got a shapoo set for brown hair, mines dyed red and has been for the last month and was purple for 2 month b4 that

LOL i was in Boots in meadowhall just before xmas - anyway, a woman and her daughter were deciding which colour hair set to get someone for xmas, the girl said she'd been a different colour for ages but the woman said just to get the brown one - it isn't you is it :suspect:

Mrs W said get her something she wants, now for weeks she kept saying she wants a new pair of rubber gloves, it was the look in her eye when she put them on and said they would be put to good use that brought unsavoury visions to mind :o.

Then I gave her all the stuff I had been hiding for weeks. :P

My 2 year old son was given 2 "Thomas the Tank Engine" related presents by a relative of the wife's. He got one of those free DVDs that you get in the newspapers, and a 23 year old VHS tape. We don't even have a video recorder any more, what with it being well into the 21st century.

I got socks, but thankfully they don't appear to be second hand.

LOL i was in Boots in meadowhall just before xmas - anyway, a woman and her daughter were deciding which colour hair set to get someone for xmas, the girl said she'd been a different colour for ages but the woman said just to get the brown one - it isn't you is it :suspect:

posibly lol was the daughter bout 30 ish n blond

• 11 months later...

I factored out this problem years ago.

After some not insubstantial efforts in training my family, I finally got them to understand that we simply do not want "stuff."

We have "stuff" that we use/need.

We do not need or want more "stuff".

So this year we got bugger all.

Which is exactly what we want, so we're happy with that.

Archived