Where to buy rock salt?

If you can be bothered to check the weather forecast there's a thaw on the way so you won't be needing any rock salt. Stop panic buying!

The forcast is for a bit of a melt this weekend, and then for it to get colder again next week.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 19 Jan 2010 to Thursday 28 Jan 2010:

Frosty with patches of mist or fog at first but staying largely dry, if rather cloudy, for most parts on Tuesday. Most places remain dry on Wednesday, although there is a chance of rain in Northern Ireland and western parts of Scotland, England and Wales. This pattern is likely to persist for the rest of the week, through the weekend and into the last week of January, with northern and western parts most likely to be windy with rain, possibly sleet or snow while central parts stay relatively dry. There is a chance of sleet or snow showers affecting eastern counties at times. Temperatures will be generally cold at first and are likely to stay cold in eastern parts whereas western parts of the UK should become milder.

Horsfield Nursery, Silkstone, Barnsley, has just had a big delivery of rock salt this morning. £5.99 a bag and I think they are about 30L size. Tel:01226 790441

http://www.pothousehamlet.co.uk

Managed to save some bags from Horsfield Nursery - very friendly lady and just up the road from me too!

They still had plenty left when i got 3 bags today too!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived