Where do they sell 'real' cider in Sheffield city centre?

Where can I get a "real" cider from in the city centre?...looking for some 'hardcore' cider to plan a rather special "cider crawl" next week for some rather hardened old real cider drinkers visiting from Cornwall. They have a particular loathing of the Blackthorn and Strongbow mass produced stuff, and I dont blame them at all for that!

Ideally a selection of 5 or more pubs/bars, and the more obscure name and cloudy appearance the better are my instructions!!!! Anyone found some 'hardcore' ciders in Sheffield?

Devonshire Cat usually has a couple, and some of the Wetherspoons normally have one on (Westons I think).

They usually have Old Rosie and a perry on at the Gardeners Rest.

The Kelham Island Tavern always has some - it had three on this weekend (one red, one green and one pale :cool: ) and the Fat Cat usually has one or two.

My Partner makes his own brew which he calls cider but it never sees an apple. He brews it to wine strength and it has a pretty hefty kick.

It's cloudy to but mixed with orange juice it makesa good buck fizz.

He brews it for just over £3 per, 5 gallon barrel,? which makes his dinking pretty cheap and he knows exactly what goes into it.

Bit late for you to start though goldenfleese.

hazel

Cha Chas has traditional cider connected to one of the handpumps.

Lloyds No1 bar on Division Street and the Bankers Draft both have a choice of two Westons Ciders (look in the fridge for the box wih a tap in).

Devonshire Cat has a couple of ciders although they are fairly expensive.

Archived