The York pub, Broomhill - now closed - what is going to happen to it?

colleen

to turn it into somewhere like the forum/old house, the new owners would have to spend an absolute fortune. it would be stupid to IMO, as i don't think broomhill could support such a place.

They are spending a fortune on it.

The amount of building work going on when you walk past is scary !

Found an article here about their plans:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/foodguide/Forum-for-a-traditional-pub.6472377.jp

It doesn't sound like it *is* going to be 'The Old House in Broomhill' but sounds good.

Frankly, I'm not too fussed with any of the other pubs in Crookes/Broomhill so it's really not going to have to do much to become my favourite. Whatever its style, if it can provide nice atmosphere and maybe some nice food to go with a drink then i'm in!

Broomhill not support this new venture. Come on. Have you ever tried to get a table in Thyme, where you can get half decent food and drinks. This is exactly what this side of the City needs. I am so excited, imagine being able to drink decent drinks in a pub (West 10 being a wine bar) in S10. It will be a real first.

never had a problem getting a table in thyme. time will telll.

never had a problem getting a table in thyme. time will telll.

You are very lucky, there have been far too many times to mention on a Friday evening/Saturday lunchtime that we have given up trying. Often you can get a table an hour later, but as there is nowhere to have a decent drink in Broomhill, it is not worth the wait. Now we will be able to wait.

Archived