Club 60 & the Esquire

Perry Scope

I am adding the finishing touches to a brand new and completely revised book about Terry Thornton's Club 60 & the Esquire music clubs from the 1960s.

We have found dozens of new photographs and even the original demo tape - copied onto a CD of Joe Cocker's first attempts to obtain a record contract and recorded at the club. Terry was Cocker's first manager and the book is packed with memorabilia about the clubs and the early days of a host of visiting stars.

If anyone has any particular memories of visiting the clubs during the early 60s, or would like to contribute in any way towards finalising a true record from those halycon days, please make contact asap. email: donald.hale@talk21.com

We also have a limited number of original books and a soundtrack CD of Joe Cocker available too....check out Amazon, or contact via email.

Hi Perry,

I have a tape copied from a CD made from Jo singing at the Esquire in 1964. It has 'Georgia' and 'Better Move On' on it. Is this the same one as you have?

I have a copy of Jo's Biography in which Terry Thornton features prominently and I think he gets a mention in the book 'Better than a Proper Job'. I went to the same Junior School as Jo and saw him as Vance Arnold perform regularly at St. Columbas, Crosspool and at the Fleur de Lys in Totley. I have your email address and will let you know if I have, in my grey matter, anything which may be of interest. I note you are in North Wales. Anywhere near Hawarden? Cheers, Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Archived