Blue ball Hillsborough. 2 am licence

garryh69

I woulkd be very suprised of the license is granted. There has been a lot of public opposition from local people in the past few years to new licenses being granted and the city's Magistrates are fully aware of this. A ruling was made a year or 2 ago saying that no more liceses would be granted in Hillsborough for 5 years. Surely this will have some babring on this case?

Having lived in the middle of Hillsborough all my life, I have seen it get steadily worse. People come from other areas, get drunk, puke, fight, drop their take away litter on your streets amd then go back to their own areas leaving the mess for us. Weekends are a nightmare. We are constantly being woken up by drunks screaming, shouting and fighting and this can only get worse of the ball gets an extended license.

The Blue Ball has a lot of underage drinkers in there and it has a rough reputation or this use to be the case - they may have cleaned up there act now but it did use to be known as a violent pub so if this is still the case I can only see more trips to casualty on the horizon.

it has come to our attention that the ball isn't the only place that have applied. most of then have done the same thing. it is looking like the only place that may be granted is the pool club above the shop on the corner.

it would be a living hell if they all got the licence.

• 1 month later...

It's reported in The Star today that the Blue Ball has been given a licence until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, but all other opening hours remain the same.

They have also imposed some conditions on the pub:

• A dedicated free-phone taxi phone to be installed.
  • Display signs asking customers to leave quietly.
  • Submit a policy detailing what plans they have to disperse customers effectively.

Not quite the result I was hoping for (I was hoping they would refuse any kind of licence!) but a lot better than it could have been! :|

:suspect: Basically then, put a couple of cheapo little signs up, stick in a phone paid for by a taxi company and disperse crowds by that time-honoured method of ushering 'em as fast as poss to stampede to the kebab shop. Phew, I bet the brewery are quaking over those expensive hard-hitting measures!

Sounds like a popular dispersal policy might be tasers and water cannons. Or big sticks with nails in.

Our reference term for the hordes of people/p*ssheads you encounter when you try to drive through Hillsborough at night is 'wildebeest'. They do display astonishing herd mentality, and let's put it this way, next time I change my car I won't be getting a black Scenic that could look like a taxi if you were wearing beer goggles again.

Can we take turns with the water cannon- it sounds like fun!

Originally posted by burnttoast

Should shut em all at 10 oclock,:clap::hihi: Better still shut em all down:heyhey: :heyhey:

My vote would be a compromise, don't let them open till the small hours but let them open maybe a bit longer, say for an extra hour so, chuck out at Midnight instead of 11 for example.

Most sensible folk wouldn't stay in a pub drinking till 2 am and beyond anyway cos they know they've to get up for work a few hours later without a hangover.

I dunno, maybe I'm giving drinkers too much credit for sense..

Originally posted by Rich

Most sensible folk wouldn't stay in a pub drinking till 2 am and beyond anyway cos they know they've to get up for work a few hours later without a hangover.

You see, not every day.

I was in a pub til 1:30 this morning, because I don't have to go to work today. Why should I have my freedom to drink restricted?

Archived