Blue ball Hillsborough. 2 am licence

garryh69

Originally posted by Cyclone

sounds like quite a reasonable response. it will be interesting to see how well it works.

How often can the licensee apply for a change to the license RR?

All licensees must have a new license. New licenses come into effect at the end of November. Licensees had until the end of the other weekend to apply for a converted license, (i.e., to convert their existing license to a new license). Any licensee who has missed this closing date can no longer apply for a converted license, but must now apply for a new license. If there are any licensed premises that do not possess a new license by the end of November, then they will probably have to cease trading until they apply for and are granted a new license. A license now lasts indefinitely, or until there is a change in the licensee, or if an application to vary the license is granted.

Once the new Licensing Act comes into force at the end of November, a licensee can apply for a variation to their existing license whenever they wish. A variation might be to open earlier, close later, play music, hold live performances, hold dances, etc.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by theripsaw

Does anyone know whether this is a popular pub? Is it a haunt of Wednesday fans on match days? Is it a spit n sawdust place - it looks a bit tatty from outside?

Its busy at weekends yes, mainly chavs though. You will be OK if you 'fit in' with the standard weekend 'chav night out look'.....upmarket version though as Hillsborough is TRYING to improve its old image....

This place used to be a good pub, but the increase of the chav element and under 18's only policy has ruined it. I used to love going there on a Thurs and Sun nights about 2-3 years ago.

On a match day it is full of the burberry crew, drowning there sorrows before the Owls lose again!!

This place used to be a good pub, but the increase of the chav element and under 18's only policy has ruined it. I used to love going there on a Thurs and Sun nights about 2-3 years ago.

Yeah I agree. £1 a drink on Sunday was great :clap: It's always been a "hole" but the clientelle they attract nowadays leave a lot to be desired!

Also the beer is rank! :gag:

Originally posted by debilde

On a match day it is full of the burberry crew, drowning there sorrows before the Owls lose again!!

not much burberry going on it's a Wednesday pub.Bit more style you see. Must agree it is a rough hole though, not a place to take a lady.

Archived