Blue ball Hillsborough. 2 am licence

garryh69

you can probably guarantee some sort of trouble in here, and that could possible be just from the bouncers! Mindless thugs, that would take to giving you a good hiding if you were messing around in here!

Given the fact that I used to be a regular at this place when i was 16, i wouldn't bother with it now. Spesh on a Thursday where it attracts allsorts of chabbies!! :rant:

I have just being reading the posts about the Ball and have to say I think some of you are totally wrong.

I am a reagualr in the ball and I am definatly NOT a chav, I don't fight and I don't wear burburry!!

The crowd I am in is mostly guys and some of them do occasionally get into trouble but no more than most places.

I have been to far worse places and yeah there is underage drinking but I was going down town at 14 (I am now 21) and never once got asked for ID, it happens everywhere.

Well I had to stick up for my local, I know not many people will agree but thats my opinion!!

I'll agree with you,

I go down to ball 4 or 5 times a week and it does attract some chav's the majority on Thursdays and there is trouble but its no worse than town and no where near as bad as people make it out to be.

There's not many under age drinkers....may be the odd 17 year old, it is a pub for the younger generation

When i get to my mid 20's a doubt i'll be going to the ball......ad feel to old :D

I used to go in there for £1 a drink on Monday and Thursday's years ago which was good.

But it started to become full of chav's and there was always a lot of fighting and trouble a couple of years ago so I stopped going in altogether. It was similar to Dikkins with the trouble, group fights etc and that had to close.

Originally posted by valentine

For at least the last 30 years the Ball has been well known for underage drinkers.

As each generation of 15/16 year olds comes along they think it is a good pub, as soon as they hit the early 20's they realise it is a dump and move somewhere else, leaving room for the new bunch of 15/16 year olds.

No matter how many refurbs and landlords it has had, it has always been the same.

I understand that The Ball has had same the landlord for the past 16 years.

Archived