Andre' Bernard,Mayfair Hairdressers,100 The moor 1960 to 1966.

Hi there was a lot saying about a lot of Salons in Sheffield one they forgot that was Maison Constance in Cambridge St .I know that’s were I trained,for 1962 ,it cost my Mum/Dad £150 to work there ,which looking back was a big Con ,when I was paid £1 12s. 3d a week . It was owned by Mr/Mrs Robinson   We all to call her  Madam even the customers 🤔 .the shop was large to say the least,cubicles as you walked in on both sides,then open service ,as i remember ther must have been 20 or more staff .my name is Cedric ,they didn’t like that so they liked Stewart which was my middle name, hoping there some of staff still here ,because iam 76 in April next year .I can still remember everything that went off in that shop ,(I could write a book ) .I’ve still got all my grey cells 👀 .if anyone wants more info of my stories ,only to happy to oblige. In the 60/70/80s I work at other Salons in Sheffield  till I went on my own had my little shop on Wostenholm road for 33 years,remember it was the days of S/sets Perms  Tints ,boy we we’re busy,every 15 minutes that was appointment time,you had to be quick. If you need my email address no problem. Iam going now I’ve gone on to much hope you like my few words .By Cedric 🤪

On 03/12/2022 at 15:33, Cedric stewart said:

Hi there was a lot saying about a lot of Salons in Sheffield one they forgot that was Maison Constance in Cambridge St .I know that’s were I trained,for 1962 ,it cost my Mum/Dad £150 to work there ,which looking back was a big Con ,when I was paid £1 12s. 3d a week . It was owned by Mr/Mrs Robinson   We all to call her  Madam even the customers 🤔 .the shop was large to say the least,cubicles as you walked in on both sides,then open service ,as i remember ther must have been 20 or more staff .my name is Cedric ,they didn’t like that so they liked Stewart which was my middle name, hoping there some of staff still here ,because iam 76 in April next year .I can still remember everything that went off in that shop ,(I could write a book ) .I’ve still got all my grey cells 👀 .if anyone wants more info of my stories ,only to happy to oblige. In the 60/70/80s I work at other Salons in Sheffield  till I went on my own had my little shop on Wostenholm road for 33 years,remember it was the days of S/sets Perms  Tints ,boy we we’re busy,every 15 minutes that was appointment time,you had to be quick. If you need my email address no problem. Iam going now I’ve gone on to much hope you like my few words .By Cedric 🤪

I’m sure you have some interesting stories to tell about your training days.  It would be nice to hear some.

My Aunt Pat use to go to your shop on Wostenholm Road to have her blonde hair bleached and cut.  She thought you were a very good hairdresser.  Aunty Pat is the type of lady you would never forget once you knew her.  I better not say her second name without her permission on the Sheffield Forum.

Edited by hauxwell

Thank you for your reply,no doubt I would know your Aunt Pat ,I don’t forget people, On a lighter note when took over Wostenhomle road at my first Christmas I put Sherry on ,in one week went through,a Gallon and a half ,🤔🥂.they were coming in twice a week? .The clients that came to my shop were lovely 🥰. Once again thank you Cedric 🤪👀

4 hours ago, Cedric stewart said:

Thank you for your reply,no doubt I would know your Aunt Pat ,I don’t forget people, On a lighter note when took over Wostenhomle road at my first Christmas I put Sherry on ,in one week went through,a Gallon and a half ,🤔🥂.they were coming in twice a week? .The clients that came to my shop were lovely 🥰. Once again thank you Cedric 🤪👀

That was a good idea with the sherry to promote your salon and get the customers in.

• 1 year later...

Hello..I'm doing some research on  Andre Bernard and wondered if White Fender could get in touch..I'd really like to hear from you and anyone who might have met Andre many thanks