Asian Spice Market

powerhaus

Anyone been to Asian Spice Market on Eccleshall Road? Went yesterday and found it all a bit bland and average. My food was OK after I'd drenched it in spices and sweet chili sauce but in general I'd say it was Asian looking but with a British taste (ie all the flavour removed). Not awful - although one friend described her veggie green curry as 'a few vegetables drowning in green stuff' and the naanwich (which I thought looked good) elicited a shrug from another - but wouldn't rush to go back. What do you reckon?

I feel bad now... Everything was beautifully presented and the desserts menu (which I didn't try) looked amazing. Five of us went - no one raved, no one said they were going to tell others about it but, on the positive side, no one said it was ugh-yuk nasty. I go out to eat rarely these days and when I hope for something a bit special. Maybe my expectations were too high...

I feel bad now... Everything was beautifully presented and the desserts menu (which I didn't try) looked amazing. Five of us went - no one raved, no one said they were going to tell others about it but, on the positive side, no one said it was ugh-yuk nasty. I go out to eat rarely these days and when I hope for something a bit special. Maybe my expectations were too high...

Think I'll be sticking with the Ashuka. Looks like the curry equivalent of the Place pub in Broomhill!:gag:

Archived