Save home education - you never know when you may need it!

Seriously henny penny, there are too many control freaks working in government, and the education sector is one of those.

Too many people who wages depend on controling how others do things, and so sadly, as much as I agree with you I fear you are doomed to fail.

I whole heartedly agree with what you said, I helped my 8 year old nephew with his maths homework, and I have to say the worksheets were awful, difficult to understand, there was no room for workings out. There was about 10 pages of homework, too much for an 8 year old

he stuff had clearly been downloaded from the internet by the teacher, and then handed to the kids "do that over the holidays"

Thats not teaching..............also, if there is the need for that amount of homework, you have to ask what on earth is going on/or happening in the classroom? clearly time is not being well managed by the teachers

• 3 months later...

Home educators are celebrating the death of the CFS bill in the wash up tonight. We fought exceedingly hard and we have won :D .......for now. The labour party is promising to make it the first legislation they put through if they get re-elected - by that alone they have lost themselves the votes of every home educating family in the country as well as their extended family and friends - lets hope it was a bad move for them :)

I whole heartedly agree with what you said, I helped my 8 year old nephew with his maths homework, and I have to say the worksheets were awful, difficult to understand, there was no room for workings out. There was about 10 pages of homework, too much for an 8 year old

he stuff had clearly been downloaded from the internet by the teacher, and then handed to the kids "do that over the holidays"

Thats not teaching..............also, if there is the need for that amount of homework, you have to ask what on earth is going on/or happening in the classroom? clearly time is not being well managed by the teachers

Have you thought that it might be due to parents complaining, or they have to set it due to 'school policy'. Still there is no excuse for setting poor homework tasks though!

I'm sure they would rather be doing something else than marking 300 sheets of homework :hihi:

Archived