Birthday Meal Suggestions

top4718

I have been asked to organise a 43rd birthday meal for a friend.

I want somewhere in Sheffield that will impress.

He particularly likes indian food but would give chinese/Thai a whirl, its for Saturday the 9th of January, so quick recommendations would be great.

I have considered Cafe Guru and All Siam.

Hi there. I've only been once, and it was over a year ago, but I had a lovely meal at Baan Thai at the bottom of Ecclesall Road. The interior decor was very impressive and the service was excellent. They have a website if you're interested in checking out in more detail. Hope you have a good night wherever you decide to go.

I went to Baan Thai last night after some of the recommendations on here!

I really liked it. Very friendly service and we just ordered one of the set menus and couldn't finish it - but certainly liked everything that came to our table. A really nice atmosphere too. We'll definitely be going back.

I haven't tried Dosanj but my opinion of Aagrah has slipped rapidly over the three times I've been - it's a nice looking place with friendly service but they've got something wrong with our order everytime we've been and I've felt increasingly rushed through my meal with each visit. Perhaps not great if your friend really knows and enjoys their Indian food and also wants to sit and enjoy their birthday without being chased through their dinner.

Archived